We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No elephant walk this year

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,747 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
No elephant walk this year

I went exploring to try to find the day but discovered that Ringling Brothers isn't visiting MSG this year because of construction.

http://thestarryeye.typepad.com/explorenyc/

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No elephant walk this year

That's correct. If you want to see the circus this year you need to go to either NJ or Long Island.

NYC
Level Contributor
896 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: No elephant walk this year

Oh, pooh. I haven't ever seen it even though I live right outside the Midtown tunnel and am always saying, "This year!"... Now, I have to say, "Maybe next year..."

Bettembourg...
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No elephant walk this year

The heading of this thread should be... "No Elephant Walk of Shame and Pain... at Last"!

NY, NY
Level Contributor
371 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No elephant walk this year

yes, I know people liked to see it but it was stressful for the animals, so I think it is a good thing they're not having it

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,825 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: No elephant walk this year

yes, kayeen!

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: No elephant walk this year

It's got nothing to do with the animals and everything to do with the renovations happening to MSG. The circus just isn't coming to Manhattan this year therefore no walk!

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: No elephant walk this year

I hope they don't have it in the future. Circuses are cruel, it's not surprising some poor elephant goes on a rampage every couple of years.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: No elephant walk this year

Totally agree, Bobbyc and Kayeen. My husband insists on taking our dtr to the circus every year and it's all I can do to not start a fight. It's a horrible thing for those poor animals.

9. Re: No elephant walk this year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 16:16