We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report March 4-8

new orleans,la
Level Contributor
281 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report March 4-8

Wanted to pay it forward and hopefully help someone else planning for NYC. Keep in mind we've been 4 times and have done the "must do" list and throughly enjoyed. Myself ,24y/o & 22 y/o daughters share this info.

Hotel-The Michelangelo-TS area

Always a relief to enter the hotel you've chosen after agonizing over picking the right one. The Michelangelo far exceeded our expectations. Elegant,plush,traditional and serene-see my post under Hotel review. Will come here again.

Food-in the order we enjoyed

Artichoke Pizza-E.14th btwn 1st & 2nd-fabulous large by the slice-artichoke and spinach, cash only, no tables-so worth it. 3 slices/3 drinks $16

Led Zeppole-next door to Artichoke-fried oreos-enough said! 3-$4

Junior's-midtown after theater-pretty good food, fabulous big slice of strawberry shortcake cheesecake. $42, non-alcohol.

H & H Bagel-w.46th & 12th-walk in shop, great bagels but no frills and not so friendly staff. 3 bagels/cream cheese-$`7

Falal cart on 6th-around Bryant Park-okay food-wanted to find Alan's Falal but the weather was great and probably not all carts were out as usual. ~$10

Toloache-midtown west-before theater...really great Mexican...they were so king to fit us in without a reservation on a Sat night. Good Negra Modelo-braised brisket tacos, lobster tacos and chicken tacos...fresh yummy guacamole. Chef competed on Iron Chef. Dinner/Margaritas-$122

City Bakery-Union Square-hot chocolate with homemde marshmallow-beware-decadent, thick huge cup, delicious pretzel crossiant, baker's muffin...plenty to share & take home-$25

Republic-Union Square-quick service-fantastic food. Fried wontons,spicy coconut chicken soup,Vietnamese-style BBQ pork over noodles, Lychee martini-frozen...so wish we had one in New Orleans! $60

5 Napkin Burger-Hell's Kitchen-OMG! The original 5 Napkin burgers to die for! Had reservations one day before dining. Dinner(no alcohol) for 6-$119

Foods of NY tour-Central Greenwich Village-

Murray's cheese shop-awesome

O & CO-the most delicious olive oil I've ever tasted

Joe's Pizza-the freshest sauce...made me a thin crust convert-my fav.

Bleeker St Pizza-grandma style pizza-very good as well

Rocco's -cannolis-AWESOME

Home-3 cheese Mac & Cheese-YUM

Soy & Sake-vegetarian Asian-pretty good

All of these were tastings included in the tour.

Amy's Bread-great cup of coffee and "better than Magnolia" red velvet cupcake.

Becco-rest. row-booked reservations about 10 days before trip. Great Italian, energetic atmosphere, attentive staff...like the numerous choices of wine by the bottle for $25 & under. Many of the other restaurants on the row were near empty and this place had people waiting to get in on a Monday night. Dinner & wine-$140

Wafels & Dinge's cart-so glad we sought out their location on Twitter. Now I know why so many TA posts suggested finding this cart. Linge wafel with speckulous and walnuts, also Linge with bananas, strawberries and Belgian chocolate. Not only were the wafels heavenly, the chefs were very friendly and patient. We looked up their website to order online when we got home.

Levain Bakery-UWS-voted #1 on TA and it's a bakery! Incredible warm enormous cookies, ordered milk of course. Melt in your mouth goodness. Met the owner/baker, she was very nice and VERY humble. Don't miss this place.

Gray's Papaya-my daughter needed her hot dog fix

Freddie & Pepper's pizza-UWS-another good one.

Will stop now and continue my trip report tomorrow. Thanks again to everyone who takes the time to post....we always rely on this info and once again TA rocks!

Lennox Head...
Level Contributor
216 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report March 4-8

you made my mouth water just reading your post lol

ive written down the places and ill check them out when there in 24 days time :)

Thanks and look forward to next instalment :)

Louise

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report March 4-8

Thank you for coming back to post a TR! I look forward to reading the rest of it.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report March 4-8

So many restaurants/food carts/bakery, so little time. Seriously, did you have time to sight-see?

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report March 4-8

Fantastic! Nice to get trip reports from repeat visitors and yours is so scrumptious!

Looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip.

St.Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report March 4-8

just copy and pasted your entire list!!!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
26,166 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report March 4-8

Great start loving the TR.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,845 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report March 4-8

Sounds delicious. I'd like to check out that waffle truck and the olive oil place.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report March 4-8

I loooove Toloache! Great list; I've added a few to my list. Looking fwd to rest of report!

new orleans,la
Level Contributor
281 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report March 4-8

Oh! You found it :)

10. Re: Trip Report March 4-8

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 19:16