We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight parking- Stamford train station

Hartford...
Level Contributor
515 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight parking- Stamford train station

After getting side tracked for a couple of weeks, I'm back to finalize my overnight April trip. We are looking to drive to the Stamford station on a SUNDAY morning - take an early train in and come back before peak time starts on MONDAY. I've gotten some good feedback from people already here, and thought I could get all the specifics online from the train website--but the only thing I did was get more confused and I really didn't find any reference to OVERNIGHT parking. (Is it even allowed??) Can anyone please tell me how much it is for overnight parking there and just how far from the train departure ramp is the parking?? Thank you!!!

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
137 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,115 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
999 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,389 reviews
from US$36.00*
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
101,000 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight parking- Stamford train station

If you click on the Stamford station on the Metro North map you get info on that station.

as0.mta.info/mnr/stations/station_detail.cfm…

For parking it says:

"The Parking Operator is Republic. Please call this number - 203-327-7998, for further information."

Doing a simple websearch about parking at Stamford train station I found this thread that suggests it's $8 but it's a few years old.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g33936-i1904-k1891…

More info here

cityofstamford.org/content/…94940.aspx

I'd phone them.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
515 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight parking- Stamford train station

Hi Nywhiz....I think you found the same references I did when I searched before. I hesitated calling the parking number listed as I figured I would be lost in endless menus. But I went ahead and just called it--Got a 'real' person immediately (really!!) and was told they do have overnight, covered parking right in front of the station. The price is $10 for a 24 hr period.....which seems like a bargain if it means I park the car and leave the 'driving' to the transit people!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
101,000 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight parking- Stamford train station

I think you mentioned you live in northwest Ct. I don't know if you've considered an even shorter drive to leave from Wassaic where parking is $6 and your drive a lot less. Off peak round trip train fare seems to be the same. The downside is less frequent service.

as0.mta.info/mnr/stations/station_detail.cfm…

Amelia Island
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight parking- Stamford train station

Park and lock adjacent to Darien Train Station. Lighted, patrolled and visible surface parking. $8 daily. Overnight parking allowed. Hourly (or better) arrivals and departures. Located at 37 West Avenue between Darien Station and Leroy Avenue. For more information call attendant at (203) 655-3055.

kokacar
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Overnight parking- Stamford train station

Hello,

I am driving from Michigan and trying to find a place to park my car and taxi into the city. just wondering if this train station would be a good place for us.

New York City
Level Contributor
5,436 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Overnight parking- Stamford train station

Not from Michigan, CT is NE of the City, you want to Park in NJ. You will be coming to NYC on I-80, Stamford CT is on I-95

Your best bet is a Park and Ride in NJ, Perhaps exit 15X on the NJ Turnpike at the Secaucus Train Station, There are other Park and Rides as well from NJ into the City

Pepperell...
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Overnight parking- Stamford train station

Hi! If you need to park an oversized (too tall or wide, a school bus, van, etc) vehicle go around the corner to 650 Atlantic Ave. and see Brandon.

Call 203 667 5123. He's greay!

New York NY
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Overnight parking- Stamford train station

Parking at Stamford is excellent. Very safe and comfortable (unlike Trenton New Jersey where all my colleagues say they're terrified of the garage)

Stamford is such a great station for what you are trying to do. There is such frequent service. Some of the trains are local so if you see there is an express train scheduled a few minutes later, it may be worth waiting. The express trains from Stamford, some of them make 125th St. and Grand Central only - no additional stops in Connecticut, Westchester or The Bronx.

It is very well-marked off I-95. The train station is parallel to I-95. There isn't any easier train station anywhere. You will not have any difficulty.

To the folks from Michigan - sorry, Stamford is east of New York City and you are approaching from the west.

You have several good choices though. NJ Transit's Morris & Essex / Midtown Direct trains have a few stations near Interstate 80 in New Jersey. The question is how close to Manhattan do you want to drive? Do you want to park in Denville or Dover New Jersey? That is west - longer train ride. Do you want to drive to Secaucus Junction (just outside NYC)? Parking in Secaucus Junction is more expensive but trains are more frequent and the cost of the train is obviously much less as it is just across the River. Do you want to drive right to the Hudson River and take the beautiful NY Waterway ferry into Manhattan? You have a lot of options but rather than me type up 25 - 30 options, tell us what you have in mind.

Cobh, Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Overnight parking- Stamford train station

Just called Republic and it's $10 for a 24 hour period at Stamford station.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Overnight parking- Stamford train station

the gateway garage in harbor point just opened yesterday so now there is affordable parking right next door to the train platform!

thegatewaygarage.com - i just booked my space!