We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seating in Radio City Music Hall

NI
Level Contributor
91 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Seating in Radio City Music Hall

Hi

My sister-inlaw and I are making our third trip to New York in July. We would like to see Cirque de Soleil Zarkana at Radio City Music Hall - both for the iconic venue but also because we have never seen a Cirque de Soleil show. I was looking at seat prices - which vary enormously!! My question is whether the views from the third or second mezzanine are good enough to get a good view of this type of show or should we blow the budget in order to make it worth seeing?

I don't suppose it is possible to get discounted tickets for this show?

Any and all opinions on seating at Radio City would be most apreciated.

thanks, Sara

Brewster, New York
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seating in Radio City Music Hall

Radio City doesn't have a bad seat in the house if you ask me. But, it's a large theatre. I would go for the Orchestra seats or perhaps 1st Mezz. so as to be able to see all the details (makeup,costumes, facial gestures, etc.)

Just some fun facts....Its auditorium measures 160 feet from back to stage and the ceiling reaches a height of 84 feet. The Great Stage is framed by a huge proscenium arch that measures 60 feet high and 100 feet wide.

Discounts? I wouldn't bank on it...but you could certainly keep looking for them somewhere..... Cirque isn't known for offering discounts on any of their shows....

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
507 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Seating in Radio City Music Hall

A discount currently exists for tickets purchased by March 31 - buy one ticket at regular price and get second ticket for $30.00. Limited to certain performances:

www.radiocity.com/tickets/promotion.html…

NI
Level Contributor
91 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seating in Radio City Music Hall

Wow! Thanks jeffinhouston. I think that, for once, we might be lucky enough to take advantage of a special offer, get great seats and save $100!!

Thanks - off to email my travel buddy!

Sara

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seating in Radio City Music Hall

Use this to find the actual view you'll see from any seat in the house:

http://www.radiocity.com/seating/

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seating in Radio City Music Hall

When I went to the Radio City Music Hall my seat was ORCH2 Row C Seat 211 and I thought I was a little far away...maybe because I am kind of blind...and yes it is huge

Maybe now I would decide to do Mezzanine, kind of been in the same level of the stage. And I would get opera glasses... : )

NI
Level Contributor
91 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seating in Radio City Music Hall

Thanks for all the replies. I have booked tickets in the Orchestra, approx 10 rows back - look like great seats (thanks for the great link NYCforMe) and got a real bargain too - thanks to jeffinhouston!

Next on the agenda is book a really nice restaurant near Radio City for after the show....

On that note, if the show starts at 7pm, what time should we book dinner for? and where? - we like cocktails, great seafood and a lively vibe but not TOO noisy.

All thoughts gratefully received

Thanks

Sara

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,993 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seating in Radio City Music Hall

Redeye Grill is a good seafood option not too far but it can get noisy. There's not really another seafood restaurant nearby I'd recommend unless you go to one of the steakhouses nearby that also serve lobster and sometimes salmon etc.

I don't know how long the show is, but for a 7 pm curtain, you'd have to eat at 5. You might consider eating after if it's not a long show.

NI
Level Contributor
91 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seating in Radio City Music Hall

thanks nywhiz for your suggestion for somewhere to eat. We will definitely eat after the show - gives the opportunity for a an early lunch and another meal in NY!! On previous trips, we have eaten at Spice Market (my personal fabourite), Blue Water grill, Rosa Mexicano, Tao and at Gilt. we enjoyed all of the meals in these restaurants (researched thoroughly with the help of TA!). In fact, the only meal that we did not enjoy on previous trips was in a restaurant that we just picked as we strolled around after walking back to Manhattan across the Brooklyn Bridge - just goes to show how important proper research is!

If anyone has any other suggestions for dinner (on the night we see Cirque de Soleil or any other nigt), please pitch in - TA has never given us a bad steer yet!

Thanks

Sara

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,993 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seating in Radio City Music Hall

If you're going to eat after the show, you could theoretically go anywhere. I like Aquagrill in Soho for seafood. Where is your hotel?

NI
Level Contributor
91 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seating in Radio City Music Hall

Our hotel is the hotel Chandler on E 31st street. Do restaurants close earlier on a Sunday?

I will go and look at Aquagrill now - thanks nywhiz!

Sara