We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carmel limo

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,662 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Carmel limo

I have checked several transports from LGA to midtown and Carmel Limo seems to be the best option. Has anyone taken it? What better choices might there be? This will cost $24 (w/ coupon) for one way, 2 people.

Thanks,

86 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,017 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carmel limo

That doesn't include toll or tip and if you plan to use a coupon, you need to tell them in advance. Many of the drivers won't accept a coupon if you don't warn mention it on reserving. I prefer

dial7.com

but you won't find a coupon so it will be a bit more. Most people would just take a taxi unless you're arriving at rush hour.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carmel limo

Carmel is one of the recommended services here. Whiz's points are well taken. Limos and taxis do not charge by the person.Taxis from LGA are on the meter so are dependent on traffic as to final fare. Tolls and tips would be the

same with either.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
264 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carmel limo

We used carmel limo for our most recent trip (used dial 7 on the prior ones). They were great, and the coupons were for more $$ off than dial 7.

Ashtabula, Ohio
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Carmel limo

Would it be best to take a taxi or a car sevice if you are flying into LGA on Sunday May 1st at 8am and going into the times square area HI express 39th st. Is this an off time for taxi's?

Hilton Head, South...
Destination Expert
for Hilton Head
Level Contributor
2,662 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carmel limo

Get into LGA at 4:15 PM on a Thursday and need to be back at LGA by 10:00 AM on a Monday. Haven't book anything for return trip to airport- though I would see how I liked Carmel first. Think a cab costs about $40. Is this correct?

Thanks for all your responses.

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carmel limo

Bearsfan, because metered taxi fares take into consideration time spent stopped in trafic, a metered fare is highly dependent on trafic condtions. The trip to LGA can be less than that, or more, depending on how quickly you get there.

JKBJR, the question is not whether it is an off time for taxis (because you can find a cab at that hour), but an off time for TRAFFIC. There is indeed little traffic at 8 AM on a Sunday.

sydney
Level Contributor
309 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Carmel limo

thread hijack -

We are arriving LGA on a Sunday at 3:30 - as a family of five would we be better to get 2 cabs or a car service - Car service is about $50 for a van,

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,017 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Carmel limo

At 8 am on a Sunday, I'd take a taxi but ONLY an official yellow NYC taxi from the official taxi line. Avoid accepting rides from anyone who approaches you.

As for 2 taxis vs a van, up to you. 2 taxis might cost a bit more than the van but might be more comfortable. Don't know if that price includes toll and tips or not.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,017 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Carmel limo

batty, are you sure you're coming into LGA???

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Carmel limo

I have used Carmel for work travel half a dozen times in the past 2 months, and I have had nothing but problems with them. Most recently, I had 2 drivers pick up 2 colleagues at the airport at 6am to drive them to their respective homes. Both drivers claimed the corporate credit card was declined and refused to drive them unless they paid cash. One co-working (going from JFK to Hoboken, a $100 ride with tip and tolls) was told this only after they left the airport, and was forced to pay out of pocket. After getting home, she saw that the driver also tacked on a $5 "additional stops" fee, though they never stopped once.

The other coworker was my boss, and the "declined" card was his corporate card. He called the dispatch and read his card number to them. Guess what! No problems! The driver was very rude when he learned he wouldn't be getting cash.

My boss didn't get a receipt from the driver, so I called Carmel to see if I could have one emailed to me. Since he didn't remember the exact cost of the ride, nobody at dispatch could help me. I guess reservation number, name of passenger, pick up location and destination, date and time isn't enough information for them to look up the transaction. They need the EXACT amount charged. So I'm transferred to customer service, which is a straight-to-voicemail system. The dispatch operator tells me to expect to wait 3-5 business days to get a response to my voicemail message.

Since I need this last receipt to close out the budget for this account, I called them and left voicemails every day. I emailed them as well, detailing all of the information on the trip. The email response asked for all of the information already included in my previous email. Clearly they never read it. My response was to write, "As per my previous email:" and copied and pasted my email, putting all of the answers to their inquiries in BOLD.

Their response? They wrote, "As per your previous email: ??? Your receipt will be mailed."

Wow. Just about as rude as it gets.

Reply to: Carmel limo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted