We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Halal or Vegatarian Restaurant in New York ?

Sunny Stirling
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best Halal or Vegatarian Restaurant in New York ?

I am coming to New York and looking to sample the best food . Unfortunately the meat does have to halal. Can you reccomend the best places to eat ?

Obviously I will eat at a great pizza place or Thai place as long as they do bangin veggie food or good fish !

A Halal Taco Bell would be great !

Mentioned in this post
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
644 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best Halal or Vegatarian Restaurant in New York ?

I did a search on menupages.com and here's the results for Halal restaurants.

menupages.com/restaurants/…

My favorite vegetarian restaurant is Soy and Sake. It has great food and good prices. http://www.soyandsake.com/

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
22,605 posts
2,169 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best Halal or Vegatarian Restaurant in New York ?

Although this is an old post.

I have to say finding halal food was less of an issue than expected on my recent trip. From food carts in Manhattan on almost every corner clearly sign posted as halal to Indian restaurants in the Hells Kitchen area, there is a lot of choice.

Mentioned in this post
Hell's Kitchen
Hell's Kitchen
255 Reviews
New York City, NY
Oklahoma
Level Contributor
257 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best Halal or Vegatarian Restaurant in New York ?

If you are visiting the Halal Guys cart on 6th Ave and 53rd. The other cart in the same plaza serves the same food (even the same people) and is not crowded. There was another truck there not serving the public, just cooking for these other two. There were about 50 people in line for the one at 53rd St, but the one at 52nd was empty. We asked the guys at the one at 53rd and they said the other one was also theirs!

Cyndi

Mentioned in this post
The Halal Guys
The Halal Guys
2,063 Reviews
New York City, NY
new york
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
1,152 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Best Halal or Vegatarian Restaurant in New York ?

One option is the row of Indian restaurants on Lexington Avenue between 27th and 29th Streets Most are reasonable Many are vegetarian. Good luck.

Good for Lunch or Dinner as long as you like Indian food. Check the signs in the windows of course. Long lines also at one on 26th and Lexington. This may not fit your wishes but the stand off Lexington at 24th called Ralph's has yummy ices for dessert.

Mentioned in this post
The Lexington Hotel, Autograph Collection
The Lexington Hotel...
4,109 Reviews
New York City, NY
15. Re: Best Halal or Vegatarian Restaurant in New York ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 06:16