We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How often do you visit NYC?

London, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
How often do you visit NYC?

Hi there

Sorry if this has been posted before.

I have returned from another amazing 6 day NYC trip and am already planning my 3rd visit there.

I first went 2 years ago and wanted to go back within 6 months, but didn't.

Now I am back I really want to go again in August or October this year so was wondering how often people go? (excluding business trips)

I enjoy shopping but mostly I love walking and taking in the scenery and atmosphere of the city

edinburgh
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How often do you visit NYC?

I go again on Thursday for 7 nights and this will be my 6th trip in 2 years , I too love the atmosphere and walking around , we r going with friends this time who have never been so we will do all the tourist attractions this time as well !

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,153 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How often do you visit NYC?

I end up going twice a year to NYC. Once in March and then once again in September. I've lost count now how many times I've been in the past 10 years. but I think I've only had 2 years where I didn't go twice a year.

Edited: 23 April 2011, 15:25
niagara falls canada
Level Contributor
360 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How often do you visit NYC?

We try to go 3 times a year.

London, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How often do you visit NYC?

Hi everyone

Thanks for replies.. I cannot wait to go back! Its good to hear you go frequently too!

Hi there Mark, yes I remember you mentioning going twice a year before.

My trip was brilliant again. I just need to decide whether to go for a short break in August 3-4 days or slightly longer in mid October 5-6 days.. any opinions?

I am planning on doing all seasons lol.. I have done winter, spring so maybe summer next ; ) but would like to coincide with a sale or two

Woodbury, New York
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How often do you visit NYC?

Not sure without checking my passport, how many times I have been! But the past couple years - I went last March, then went end of Dec, and in January this year, and going next week too. BUT, these days I don't go to the city as much, although do have a trip in each time. But like this time - it'll probably be just for one night, as we want to go try catch a baseball game.

My other half lives in Orange County, NY, about 40 miles from the city, so I fly over, and get the train up there, and spend most of my time there.

After this trip, next time I'll be over will be October most likely. But soon we'll have to figure which one of us moves to which country!

Edited: 23 April 2011, 15:47
Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How often do you visit NYC?

These days, about 3 times a year. In 2008, I stayed for a 6-week stretch and then flew in and out for weekends about 10 times. It's great to have sort of "lived" there, even temporarily. To go back and have a regular stomping grounds ("my" Whole Foods, "my" Jamba Juice) is kinda cool.

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
1,345 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How often do you visit NYC?

Living in the Boston area, I feel fortunate to be so close to NYC. As a devotee of theatre, opera, concerts, I get there as frequently as possible......sometimes as many as 8 or 9 times a year. I love that palpable feeling of anticipation and excitement when the Amtrak train is approaching Manhattan through Queens and the skyline can be seen in the distance.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,072 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How often do you visit NYC?

I have gone every year for the past four years and I am planning a trip this June with my whole family for the first time. Got the great Eastgate Tower suite deal on a two bedroom suite, so that will keep the costs down.

Funnily enough I went to :as Vegas last weekend for the first time and I would never go back there, I know that city is also a place people go back to year after year, but I loathed it. Though the Grand Canyon side trip was incredible!

Everytime I go to NYC I stay somewhere new, see new things and depending on who is with me, I experience the city from a new perspective.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,153 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How often do you visit NYC?

Aah, the seasons. Over the years, I've done January, March, May, September, October, November.

I've never gone the height of Summer, each time I've gone in September, the weather has been awesome, however, I'm always a fan of a longer trip, rather than a short one...

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How often do you visit NYC?

I'm going in June for my 9th time in 7 years, and will be staying for a full week for the first time. I've been in May, June, August, September and October. I'll be at the Eastgate Tower, too, bogwoppit - maybe I'll see you there!