We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caroline's?

Bedford, UK
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Topic
Caroline's?

What can you local experts (and/or previous visitors) tell me about Caroline's (comedy club)?

I'm thinking about bringing my wife there as the main "nite out" during our 4-day stay in April.

Apparently people who eat in the Supper Lounge before the show get priority seating. I've seen the menu on-line, looks OK, but no prices. I'm not overly bothered by the cost...just as long as it's good!

Alternative suggestions welcome. I think comedy is the best idea, since we don't want a Broadway show and she doesn't particularly like jazz (too bad for me :). From what I can tell, many of the other comedy clubs are small & crowded, which isn't such a terrible thing but not (I think) appropriate for this occasion.

Maybe some sort of caberet, but I don't know much about that.

Thanks in advance!

Scott

Bedford, UK
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Caroline's?

Bump. (Afraid this got pushed too far down the list :)

Note that I did try & search the site first, didn't find anything...was there something about the search function being broken?

Scott

Hartford
Destination Expert
for Hartford
Level Contributor
901 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caroline's?

Caroline's also crowds you in and I had some of the worst food I've ever eaten in NYC. I love the comedy but there are so many great places to eat in NY, I'd go elsewhere for dinner and catch a late comedy show.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caroline's?

I agree: eats somewhere else and then go to comedy show.

What about caberet: Don't Tell Mama is a favorite.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,970 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caroline's?

The search engine was not working for a while. Do a search on comedy clubs in the forum. I wouldn't eat at ANY comedy club. They're all mostly small so wouldn't worry about getting the best seats. The best seats also could land you as more a part of the show than you might like. ;)

Bedford, UK
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Caroline's?

Thanks! Excellent advice, and things I would have had no other way of knowing :)

I'll check out that cabaret...

Scott