We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Watch the Royal Wedding

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Where to Watch the Royal Wedding

The BEEB has joined with the DUMBO Improvement District to provide live coverage of the Royal Wedding. A partylike atmosphere is expected with contests such as "Best Hat" and "Best Royal Impersonation." So bring your funny had, get a pair of Prince Charles ears, and c'mon down to DUMBO for some early morning fun.

Starting at 5:30 AM on the Brooklyn side of the Brooklyn Bridge. 2/3 to Clark Street or F to York Street. Here is the info that you need.

http://dumbonyc.org/index.php?route=res|events&id=1237#1237

Give William and Kate a hearty Mazel Tov from me.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Where to Watch the Royal Wedding

I've just tried to do the New York Times crossword on line - but you have to pay and I'm too mean.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,168 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Where to Watch the Royal Wedding

in what world is Waitrose an upmarket supermarket. They're a smaller supermarket. Nothing upmarket about any sodding chain store. get a grip

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Where to Watch the Royal Wedding

Hey M4RKM that was for our transatlantic readers in case they don't know - and I only said that cos my friend shops there and thinks she's a cut above because it's pricier than Asda - get a grip yourself.

For the record, I don't shop there because I'm from Lancashire and keep my coal in the bath. Now that's posh

Labrador
Level Contributor
134 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Where to Watch the Royal Wedding

Koritsi, I don't have a vomit bucket...will this do?

creativereview.co.uk/cr-blog/…throne-up

This is possibly the only Royalty-related thing I'd ever buy....but enough of my tax dollars go towards keeping up royal residences in Canada that are unoccupied. Okay, I know the Royal family isn't going to profit from the sale of the sick bags, but they're amusing.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Where to Watch the Royal Wedding

Hi Ookpik,

My OH spent many happy hours in Goose Bay on a regular basis in his former life. I don't suppose you're anywhere near there?

I like the sick bag idea but here is another opportunity to flog something not at all connected to the royal wedding. Do you want one?

bikedocksolutions.com/cat_name/Royal-Wedding…

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Where to Watch the Royal Wedding

Well it is a done deal--- have to admit I rolled out of bed just about the time they were arriving at WA. Sat down with my wife and watched the ceremony.

They seem like nice people and looked like lots of locals showed for the event. Good thing they are not all like the Grumps on TA. Best Wishes and Congratulations to the bride and groom--- Bet they tip when they visit the US.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Where to Watch the Royal Wedding

Bilmin09 we're not grumpy, just tight and no they won't tip well cos they don't carry any cash- the Queen just has a few biscuits for the corgis.

However, I tipped well as it was my first visit and I wanted to make an impression. Not sure what sort of impression though.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Where to Watch the Royal Wedding

Damn I caved and ended up watching it. Would have taken a lot more effort to wake up for it at 5am though :-/

Labrador
Level Contributor
134 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Where to Watch the Royal Wedding

I forgot all about the wedding! Oh well, I guess I will see the endless highlights later....I do hope they are happy, I wish them well too, but they're just people, same as everyone else.

Koritsi, I live about 33 km from Goose Bay...I worked on that base for nine years, going to school in Goose presently. It's not very often I see people (even in my own country) familiar with Labrador, except for the dog breed, so I'm impressed!

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Where to Watch the Royal Wedding

We used to get boxes of cold water washing powder from the base and tabasco and whatever else would fit in a Vulcan bomb bay!

Happy Valley was a place mentioned a lot, along with skidoos.

Edited: 29 April 2011, 18:09