We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Broadway tix in mid August?

New Westminster...
Level Contributor
540 posts
256 reviews
Save Topic
Broadway tix in mid August?

It's not high season for hotels; how about the theaters?

We want to see Billy Elliott and maybe Memphis, maybe one more.

I've seen the excellent article here on how to buy tickets.

But for Aug. 9-13 do we grab 'em in advance to be sure, or take our chances at the TKTS booths?

Elliott's the only must-see; otherwise if X is sold out we'll just see Y instead.

new york
Level Contributor
2,889 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Broadway tix in mid August?

Any must see I would buy in advance. However, I wouldn't pay full price, I would wait for a discount code on broadwaybox.com for these particular shows. I tend to avoid the tkts booth because I'm not a fan of waiting in lines but if you are flexible then that is fine. If you wanted to see The Book of Mormon, Lion King or Wicked I would say then you need to book in advance and pay full price.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,520 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Broadway tix in mid August?

I'd wait until the B Elliott tix are available on discount on broadwaybox.com (left column) and buy those in advance for the beginning of your visit . For Memphis or anything else you're interested in, for a 5 day stay, I'd print out the offers from broadwaybox.com and bring them with you. Go directly to the box office when you arrive and get the others saving the transaction fees.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,520 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Broadway tix in mid August?

That's assuming the other shows are available on discount.

new york
Level Contributor
2,889 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Broadway tix in mid August?

Right now the Memphis discount expires in June and does not apply to Saturday evening. I would expect a new code to come out when the June one expires.

New Westminster...
Level Contributor
540 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Broadway tix in mid August?

Trip Advisor hits another one out of the park. Thanks, everyone!

6. Re: Broadway tix in mid August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 21:17