We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Broadway with boys, 11 & 9

TX
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
Broadway with boys, 11 & 9

Trying to narrow down what to order tickets far and it's so difficult!

Travelling to NYC in July and plan on catching a show. Two boys that are all boy and more PG-13 than G. That being said, can you please offer advice on the best pick.

War Horse

Wicked

Spiderman

We may possibly see a second show if we are able to get discounted tickets. I wanted to purchase now for the shows that are never discounted. Also wanted to add that we've seen Blue Men before (boys loved it) just in case someone wanted to make that suggestion.

I know everyone's opinions are different but since most reviews are only geared towards an adult I'd like to see what people suggest when kids are also attending. THANKS!

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Broadway with boys, 11 & 9

Hate to be sexist, but Wicked is a tween girls phenomenon.

War Horse is recommended for children 12 and up.

http://lct.org/showFaq.htm?id=199&i=246

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Broadway with boys, 11 & 9

I would also consider the Lion King. Even if they've seen the movie, the way it is done on Broadway is unbelievable.

Side note on WarHorse - I know it's great, but have heard it can be hard to watch at times due to the violence experienced by the horses. (But the puppetry is supposed to be amazing!)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Broadway with boys, 11 & 9

what about an off broadway show , JUMP , it has, matial arts , acrobatics, comedy, a good show for teen boys,

www.jumptheshownyc.com

broadway box has some good discounts on tickets for it and other new york attrations

broadwaybox.com/shows/jump_nyc_tickets.aspx

Utah
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Broadway with boys, 11 & 9

My 10 year old boy really enjoyed the goofiness of "Addams Family".

Long Island NY
Level Contributor
793 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Broadway with boys, 11 & 9

Check out Blue Man Group off Broadway

6. Re: Broadway with boys, 11 & 9

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2012, 05:41