We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York Jets - help , please.

auckland
Level Contributor
423 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
New York Jets - help , please.

Hi there.We (D.H and self- middle-aged Kiwi couple, first visit to NYC 13-18)are hoping that we might be able to see a game of some description-he's sportsmad.Checked and seems that New York Jets will be playing Oct 17 at Meadowland.Would appreciate some advice, please.

1. We will be staying at Eastgate Towers- is transport via train to Meadowland easily accessible?How long approx would it be from Penn Station ?

2.Tickets appear to start around $126 for seats labelled 329- obviously high up- visiblity?(New york Jets website)

3.Does anyone have any alternatives/ better ideas/ suggestions/ helpful hints?

Thanks in advance.

auckland
Level Contributor
423 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New York Jets - help , please.

Good grief, feel rather silly, just found the post by AERULES

Davie....Apologies. Will follow his links for transport info.Any other info gratefully received.

2. Re: New York Jets - help , please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 May 2011, 12:26
Edited: 26 May 2011, 12:26
West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,557 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New York Jets - help , please.

Head to Pitsburgh and watch a real team :). All kidding aside I'm not sure who the Jets are playing that week. The Jets are starting to turn into the team from the TV show Blue Mountian State. Do note however the NLF season is still up in the air. And that the train you are boarding at Secacus on the way back is not a shuttle train but will have people getting off. An alternative to Football, hockey.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New York Jets - help , please.

I would not bring kids to a either a football or hockey game. Both are extremly violent. Baseball should be over by then. That is what sport I would reccomend.

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,557 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New York Jets - help , please.

Hockey and football are fine.

auckland
Level Contributor
423 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New York Jets - help , please.

Thanks to you both.

Aerules, Jets are playing Miami Dolphins that weekend.Bear in mind we know as much about American football as you probably know about New Zealand rugby!

Baltimoremore,It is just the two of us, no impressionable children, really just want the experience, and to keep husband sweet so that I can maybe do a little gallery visiting!

All suggestions welcome.. pity baseball finished, might look at hockey.Would basketball be on then?Thanks for advice.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: New York Jets - help , please.

Keep in mind that the NFL season may not start on time due to a labor dispute between the players and owners. I'd be wary of spending a lot of money in advance for a game that may not happen as scheduled.

The New Meadowlands seats over 80000. I'd probably wait until the lockout ends or until closer to the event to buy tickets. Or go to a hockey game like Aerules suggests. Your hotel is very close to MSG.

auckland
Level Contributor
423 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New York Jets - help , please.

Wow! 80, 000!

Thanks for that advice- will hold off on tickets and check out the hockey too.

9. Re: New York Jets - help , please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2012, 05:17