We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to get discounted Wicked tix

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
Save Topic
Best place to get discounted Wicked tix

Can I get discounted tickets for Wicked at the Tickets booth in Times Square? Or would I be better off going through ticket master or somewhere else? I need 3 tickets for a weekday, evening or weekend between July 8th and 17th.

Are first mezzanine the best seats at the Gershwin? I'll be with my husband and an 11 year old.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,838 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to get discounted Wicked tix

This is a very popular show. Others have said it never shows up at TKTS booth. I know for certain it was not there the last two times I was in New York.

I'm sure if that's changed, somebody will let you know.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,969 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to get discounted Wicked tix

You cannot get discounted tickets to Wicked. Buy your tickets as soon as your dates are set through the official website.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to get discounted Wicked tix

Thank-you. Is the official website just www.wicked.com or the Gershwin Theatre or something else?

Can you tell me what seats would be best?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,964 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to get discounted Wicked tix

That is NOT the website. ;) This is the official seller

www.ticketmaster.com/artist/965961…

Russell, KY
Level Contributor
4,053 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to get discounted Wicked tix

The Gershwin is a wonderfully designed theater. For the big finish at the end of Act one, I think it's better to be farther back.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to get discounted Wicked tix

Thank-you for the proper website, NYWhiz.

Do others here agree it's better to be further back?

Missouri
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to get discounted Wicked tix

I hate to disagree, but I never like to be further back. Whenever we are we cannot see the details in the actors faces, sometimes, especially in the mezzanine, have trouble hearing distinctly. At Wicked we were seated fairly close in the orchestra and it was fantastic. If you do choose the orchestra make sure you are not under the overhang of the mezzanine because you will not get to properly see something that happens in the second act.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place to get discounted Wicked tix

Thanks, clammy. I read some older information here and it seems that the general consensus is the orchestra is best. I'll stay away from the seats under the first mezzanine.

Russell, KY
Level Contributor
4,053 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place to get discounted Wicked tix

To clarify, I was in the orchestra, but far enough back to get the full view of "Defying Gravity." I wouldn't want to be too close to the stage. Just my opinion... :-)

10. Re: Best place to get discounted Wicked tix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2012, 05:29