We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternatives to Cafe Boulud?

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Alternatives to Cafe Boulud?

We'll be in New York next Saturday night, and need to make dinner reservations. We'd like Cafe Boulud (loved the one in Palm Beach), but can't get reservations at the time we'd like. We'd prefer French or New American in the Midtown/Upper East or West Side area, in the upscale foodie but not top splurge spot range. It's been a while since I've spent much time in New York, so I'm pretty rusty on good restaurants there. Any suggestions?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,384 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alternatives to Cafe Boulud?

Park Ave Spring

The Modern at MOMA

Fishtail if you like seafood

Picholine

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alternatives to Cafe Boulud?

Thanks for these recommendations - they all looked wonderful! We decided on Park Avenue - which has now moved to its Summer menu. I'm looking forward to it. Thanks again for the spot-on recommendations!

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
7,939 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alternatives to Cafe Boulud?

…grubstreet.com/2011/04/dude_its_boulud_sud.…

you can also visit the Epicerie Boulud and Boulud Sud

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,384 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alternatives to Cafe Boulud?

I hope you love Park Ave. I"ve had a few fantastic meals there recently.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alternatives to Cafe Boulud?

Thanks - I'm looking forward to it.

And thanks to BrazilFamily for the information about the other Boulud spots. The quick-food spot at the Lincoln Center may come in quite handy - it's good to know about that.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alternatives to Cafe Boulud?

Just reporting back . We loved our dinner at Park Avenue Summer! The vegetable side dishes in particular were outstanding, The tomatoes with brie were fantastic, as was the corn in a butter and chipolte sauce they brought out as a complementary dish. Really an enjoyable meal - we were both still talking about it on our way home! Thanks so much for recommending this, NYwhiz!

Epicerie Boulud came in handy, too. My husband was attending a concert at the Lincoln Center, and stopped by there to pick up a take-out dinner from the train ride home.

Thanks for the recommendations!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,384 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alternatives to Cafe Boulud?

So glad you like it! Making my mouth water just thinking about it.

8. Re: Alternatives to Cafe Boulud?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2012, 05:18