We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brooklyn Bridge

Portland, Maine
10 posts
Save Topic
Brooklyn Bridge

My hushand and I are going to be in New York city, first time for both of us. June 15-19. June 18 is his birthday and also the reason for taking the trip we are celebrating our 35th anniversary.

We're staying at Affinia Shelburne and would like to know the best way to take the subway to the brooklyn bridge, would like to start in Brooklyn and walk to Manhattan. Afterwards sight see lower Manhanttan like Batttery Park, New york Exchange, Stock Exchange,Wall St.,WTC. and Century 21.

Any advice ? Thanks

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brooklyn Bridge

The answer is there in the frequently asked questions to the right of this page:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k866178-…

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brooklyn Bridge

My best advice would be to spend some time on the Brooklyn side of the Bridge before heading across the river. Take the 2/3 to Clark Street or the 4/5/R to Boro Hall. These trains let you off in Brooklyn Heights - a neighborhood of elegant and beautiful brownstones. Make sure to walk around the Fruit Streets of Cranberry, Pineapple, and Orange. Check out the famous Promenade.

Walk down Henry Street to Old Fulton Street , make a left turn, and head to the New Brooklyn Bridge Park. The Park has some kick@ss views of Manhattan across the harbor. The Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory is in the small white house at the foot of Old Fulton. Walk back along the river to DUMBO where you can visit Jacques Torres Chocolates on Water Street, and the art galleries at 111 Front Street. A cool area to walk around with lots of interesting shops.

From DUMBO, walk up Washington Street and you will find the stairs to the Brooklyn Bridge walkway. Enjoy your walk. I will be riding across it by bike in a few minutes.

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brooklyn Bridge

What a great post thanks. Have marked it on my map ready!

4. Re: Brooklyn Bridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 08:17