We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EWR-taxi, train, or bus to UWS Sunday 10am

Toronto
Level Contributor
370 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
EWR-taxi, train, or bus to UWS Sunday 10am

What would be the easiest and secondly the cheapest ay to get from Newark airport to 79th and Broadway on a Sunday- we arrive at 930am. ! adult, 2 older teens, all with one suitcase on wheels each

I have done the Oympia bus before and i have done the train back to the airport. Never done a taxi.

We can get out unlimited Metro cards once we arrive at either Penn or Port authority so that of course makes the train or bus a little cheaper than taxi.

I think costs are- train 12 each- $36, buy Netro pass-no cost

but have to change from airtrain to other train

Bus- $15 each- $45- this was a very comfy way to come in before when it was just me

Taxi- not sure assume about $80 with tax tip and tolls

or cld take bus to Port authority and then taxi to hotel- assuming cab is about $15 ??????

I am a little cheap but want to not over do my cheapness as time and convenience is a factor.

What do you think??

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EWR-taxi, train, or bus to UWS Sunday 10am

Hey momtoemma:-) It's easy enough taking NJTransit to Penn Station NYC and hop on the #1 subway Uptown to 79th and Broadway! You may want to consider a car service with 3 of you.. both Carmel and Dial7 will take you door to door! Enjoy!

Edited: 17 June 2011, 19:36
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,921 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EWR-taxi, train, or bus to UWS Sunday 10am

Easiest option that's usually cheaper than a taxi is a car service like

dial7.com

It will cost ~ $65 when you add tolls and tip. They'll ask you to phone them when you're ready to leave the airport and tell you where to meet the driver.

Taking the train will cost ~$12/person to Manhattan and then you need to get uptown.

Toronto
Level Contributor
370 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EWR-taxi, train, or bus to UWS Sunday 10am

Thanks I think I am leaning towards car service now.

Toronto
Level Contributor
370 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EWR-taxi, train, or bus to UWS Sunday 10am

thanks- found a $5 off coupon (I know how cheap can one be) which satisfified me enough and booked dial7

Worth it to get there faster

5. Re: EWR-taxi, train, or bus to UWS Sunday 10am

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 07:16