We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant with a view! Need your help!?!?

Tracy, N.California
Level Contributor
406 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurant with a view! Need your help!?!?

We are going to be in new york for only one day! And want to eat at a restaurant with a view (up high) ....a place that is good and that has an awesome view.... Price does not matter, for lunch or dinner... Need your help!?!? What do u recommend??

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,888 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant with a view! Need your help!?!?

rivercafe.com

but the view is not up high but on the ground. Still awesome with very good food.

lancashire
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant with a view! Need your help!?!?

sounds interesing what is the dress code for river cafe ? As I love my food but dont want to bring half my wardrobe to nyc .Thanks

Tracy, N.California
Level Contributor
406 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant with a view! Need your help!?!?

Looked up river cafe on yelp and it looks very nice!! Thank you

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant with a view! Need your help!?!?

Yaminez, you said in another post that your boyfriend refuses to dress like a gentleman going to a nice restaurant, but will wear only jeans and sneakers. If that is true, he will therefore not be allowed into the River Cafe.

lancashire
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant with a view! Need your help!?!?

Thanks .Its not that he refuses exactly he is just not very comfortable being smart and as we want to travel light it would be cool if we could find places to eat that are smart casual.Ie nice jeans nice shoes and a shirt . thanks again

NY, NY
Level Contributor
339 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant with a view! Need your help!?!?

Unfortunately, most restaurants with the kind of great view you are looking for are expensive and more formal than the norm. Many customers go their for special occasions and events. That dictates a slightly higher standard of dress. Few places will make a distinction between nice jeans and jeans.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,970 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant with a view! Need your help!?!?

Bring a picnic dinner to the highline.

lancashire
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant with a view! Need your help!?!?

well the picnic sounds good to me as we will definatley be visiting highline

Tracy, N.California
Level Contributor
406 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant with a view! Need your help!?!?

I found a few restaurants that are up high but reviews are not that great :( If im going to pay for a view i'd like the food to be just as good. (The View was one of them) Ill keep searching...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant with a view! Need your help!?!?

Here's a round-up of restaurants with views from our forum FAQ section:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60763-c67171/New-Yor…

yaminez, for casual dress dining with a view, see what you think of Alma and Bubby's, both in Brooklyn and hot-linked in the FAQ list. You could even wear jeans at either of those if you'd like -- and at Southwest NY (ask to be seated there on outdoor patio). Bubby's is very popular for weddings, so double-check they won't be closed to the public, because of that kind of private party, at the date & time you're considering.

monkey, I'm very fond of Asiate (both the dining room and the food), especially for lunch. But I realize the menu may not appeal to everyone.

mandarinoriental.com/newyork/Images/dining_a…

mandarinoriental.com/newyork/dining/asiate/

Edited: 19 June 2011, 21:18