We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Broadway Show advice

Virginia
Level Contributor
203 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Broadway Show advice

I am torn on which show we should see. Our family, 2 adults and 3 kids ages 23, 14, 12 all girls can't seem to agree. The majority vote is Wicked but we are booking too late and can only get $133 tickets in the left rear mezz (is it worth it). We are also considering Mary Poppins or Mama Mia. The last time in NY we saw Billy Elliott and loved it. It was the highlight of the trip for the younger ones. They like the costumes and elaborate sets. I am concerned that they won't enjoy Mama Mia as much.

Any thoughts? Thank you as always!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
759 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Broadway Show advice

Not that it would be any less expensive, but have you seen The Lion King? It has elaborate sets with amazing stagecraft, impressive costumes, and great music. A fantastic show.

Virginia
Level Contributor
203 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Broadway Show advice

For some reason my kids aren't interested. Thanks though!

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
69 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Broadway Show advice

I have seen all those shows here - Melbourne.

Surprisingly I thought Mary Poppins was easiy the best.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Broadway Show advice

What Mamma Mia lacks in sets , It easily makes up for in Music and dancing ( and some crazy costumes ) , everyone will be up at the end dancing away.

I have seen it sevral times by different casts , the last being on broadway in April and I thought that it was the best one so far.

Russell, KY
Level Contributor
4,010 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Broadway Show advice

I love Wicked, but I wouldn't pay that much to see it again. It's on tour as well.

Mary Poppins is spectacular, and with a discount code, you'll get even more bang for your buck. (Check broadwaybox.com.) The set design, costumes, and production numbers are wonderful, and its message will stay with you long after the show ends.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Broadway Show advice

We went in December and saw Mary Poppins. We really enjoyed it and would recommend it, especially if you have kids!

7. Re: Broadway Show advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 17:19