We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lost travel journal in NYC - can anyone help please?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
663 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Lost travel journal in NYC - can anyone help please?

Hello

I know this is indeed a longshot and like looking for a needle in a haystack but I thought it was worth a shot:

My sister is very upset as she lost her travel journal probably on route to the airport to catch a flight to Las Vegas from The Beacon Hotel around the 6 June. She feels it is possible it may have dropped out of her bag in the shuttle bus but is not 100% sure.

She has contacted the hotel but has had no luck. It has a pink cover and has all her notes about Europe and the USA. Unfortunately when she lost it, it was at the tail end of a 7 week trip so you can imagine how she must feel.

If anyone has found such a journal would you please let me know or PM me.

Thanks for reading.

Jane

Wayne, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,050 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lost travel journal in NYC - can anyone help please?

I am sorry to hear about the lost journal. I suspect that unless her name and contact details were available in the journal she is not going to recover it. One more thing you can do is to talk to the Shuttle Service and hope for a miracle or even talk to the Airline in case she left the journal en route to Las Vegas..

Edited: 28 June 2011, 01:51
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
663 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lost travel journal in NYC - can anyone help please?

Thanks Pontevecchio. She unfortunately can't remember the name of the shuttle company. Good suggestion about the Airline. She will give it a try.

Woodbury, New York
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lost travel journal in NYC - can anyone help please?

did she book the shuttle bus through the hotel - ie ask the reception to book it or ask them for a number? Often hotels will have a specific shuttle company they use. So if she did this, maybe contact the hotel to ask what company it would be? If it's a company like Super Shuttle or Air Link, maybe try and contact them as well, Those are 2 of the bigger airport shuttle companies I think.

Edited: 08 July 2011, 10:40
4. Re: Lost travel journal in NYC - can anyone help please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 20:19