We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Broadway shows

Nottingham
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Broadway shows

Having 3 nights in NY at the end of a cruise and thought about seeing Billy Elliot or other show. Any avice on getting chesap tickets?

Houston, Texas
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Broadway shows

Use Broadwaybox.com Great discounts, or sometmes you can get lucky with general rush tickets. I wouldn't waste precious time standing in line at TXTS Booth

Ponce Inlet, Florida
Level Contributor
138 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Broadway shows

Try www.playbill.com and sign up for the playbill club. It is free and you generally get 40% off shows.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Broadway shows

If you want to go the TKTS route, the Brooklyn location usually has zero wait, south street seaport short wait, times square add humongous waits.

California
Level Contributor
186 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Broadway shows

I second broadway box.com and also I second Billy Elliott. Don't even worry about another choice, saw it and its absolutely broadway at its best.

New Westminster...
Level Contributor
540 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Broadway shows

I'm all over playbill and broadwaybox, and it's July 6. They still show discounts through July 31.

I want to see Billy E in mid-August mid-week. I'm told 45 days is a typical lead time, and we're just inside that now. Can I wait with reasonable confidence that there will be a discount?

new york
Level Contributor
2,805 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Broadway shows

yes, I would expect more discount codes to be released closer to July 31

New Westminster...
Level Contributor
540 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Broadway shows

That's a relief, thanks George.

New Westminster...
Level Contributor
540 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Broadway shows

Ack! Broadwaybox now shows a new discount for Billy Elliott --

Buy Before : July 31, 2011 for shows Sep-Nov.

Is there still a chance they will announce August discounts, or does this latest one signal that there won't be August discounts?

9. Re: Broadway shows

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 22:17