We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC trip this wkend

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
158 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
NYC trip this wkend

Hello TA family! I am taking my baby sister to NYC for her 18th bday. We'll be there 6/1-6/2. We usually go to NYC once a year so we've done most of the tourist-y things to do. Just wanted to see if anyone had some great ideas to help celebrate her bday. We are staying at the Hilton in the Fashion District- got the fabulous price (with my ever-so-trusty Priceline's Name Your Own Price) of $105/night. She loves to shop- so we'll do Chinatown, other shopping...she wants to go to Serendipity and walk around TS.

Any other suggestions? Thank you so much- can't wait to be in the city!

Chelsea Market
Flea & Street Markets
Grand Central Market
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Flea & Street Markets
Saks Fifth Avenue
Department Stores,
New York City
Level Contributor
17,257 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYC trip this wkend

If you are going this weekend for 6/1 and 6/2, you are a month late; July starts tomorrow ;o)

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: NYC trip this wkend

ruh roh

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NYC trip this wkend

Have you been shopping at the Brooklyn Flea? She might enjoy that:

http://www.brooklynflea.com/

Or The Market, a weekly emporium for new designers:

www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=48074958638

Other than shopping, what is she interested in?

If she's already 18, you could go dancing at the massive Dance.Here.Now festival:

http://www.danceherenowfestival.com/

Come Out and Play is a group that organizes large urban games; this weekend they'll have two, one on Wall Street:

comeoutandplay.org/events/…

And the other on the side of the John Street Church:

comeoutandplay.org/events/event/shadowplay/

Lower Dens and the much-buzzed-about Dirty Beaches are playing a free show as part of the River to River festival:

rivertorivernyc.com/events/lower-densdirty-b…

(Beyonce is also playing a free concert tomorrow in Central Park, but in the morning, so you probably won't make it.)

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
158 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NYC trip this wkend

Oops! Obvuously I meant 7/1-7/2. Thanks for the info, Crans. Our flight leaves @ 645am so we may stop by CP to catch Beyonce

5. Re: NYC trip this wkend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 12:17