We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

There are now some matinees on Thurs. and Fri.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,501 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
There are now some matinees on Thurs. and Fri.

Just received this email announcing some shows will do matinees on Thurs. or Fri. They include

Baby It's You

Book of Mormon

Chicago

Mamma Mia

Rock of Ages

Here are the details but remember many of these are available on discount with codes from the left column of broadwaybox.com

editor.ne16.com/vo/…

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
5,792 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: There are now some matinees on Thurs. and Fri.

One of my clients works for a popular Broadway show (I'd rather not mention which show) and he just told me yesterday that the show he is with handed out 100 free tickets for this Sunday's show ..... just to fill in the empty seats. He also said that the Fourth of July weekend is often a bust.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,264 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: There are now some matinees on Thurs. and Fri.

I'd love to come back and see "Priscilla......." I wonder if its still getting good reviews? Thinking of coming this fall with my 16 yr old daughter for a long weekend.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: There are now some matinees on Thurs. and Fri.

I had booked tickets to the Book of Mormon for a Friday matinee for my trip but it was cancelled weeks later.

It left me scrambling to try and find another date to see the show, and for popular shows like The Book of Mormon that's tough for visitors.

While this may not end up being other's experience, it's something to bear in mind.

Edited: 02 July 2011, 15:51
Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
460 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: There are now some matinees on Thurs. and Fri.

I just tried to book tickets for a friday afternoon show of the book of mormon and was told that doesn't start until june of 2012. does anyone know of any shows that are currently available friday afternoon besides

Baby It's You

Chicago

Mamma Mia

Rock of Ages

5. Re: There are now some matinees on Thurs. and Fri.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 16:16