We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beacon UWS or Indigo or Holiday Inn Chelsea

Waterloo, IA
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beacon UWS or Indigo or Holiday Inn Chelsea

Hello,

I have 2 opportunities for rooms in July for 4 nights. I need 2 beds, traveling with my niece. We grew up in NY so I generally recall neighborhoods. I am interested in Chelsea or UWS area.

There is a double (I need 2 beds) at the Holiday Inn Chelsea Sixth Ave for $1008. I may be able to get something at the Indigo, not sure if it'll cost much more.

I reserved a room at the Beacon very cheaply for $940 on Bookit (free cancel). But this is their cheapest room and says it is a doubles studio. Although there is a description & photo of the "1 BR Suite Dbls" on the site, I cannot tell if this is the same room.

Preferring the UWS, Beacon looks great but I just want to learn if this is an old linen closed or a decent room.

thanks!

Ohio
Level Contributor
8,256 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beacon UWS or Indigo or Holiday Inn Chelsea

I don't know about that particular room but the Beacon is a lovely hotel. We stayed there for a week last July but we had a one bedroom suite with a kitchenette. The subway is only a 2 min. walk away.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,956 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beacon UWS or Indigo or Holiday Inn Chelsea

A studio is all one room vs. a 1 bedroom with separate sitting room and bedroom. The other hotels you're considering are just going to have regular hotel room. At the Beacon, every room has a kitchenette. So assuming it's 2 double beds, it's going to be a bit more space than you'll get at the other 2. You'll find photos of all 3 on oyster.com

new york, ny
Level Contributor
438 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beacon UWS or Indigo or Holiday Inn Chelsea

I would call or email the Beacon to make sure.

Waterloo, IA
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beacon UWS or Indigo or Holiday Inn Chelsea

yes of course, I'll contact them, duh-don't know why that did not occur to me!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beacon UWS or Indigo or Holiday Inn Chelsea

I am an Upper Westside fan. If the Beacon meets your space needs after calling, by all means reserve it. Easy access to Central Park, subways to everything, and great neighborhood!

6. Re: Beacon UWS or Indigo or Holiday Inn Chelsea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 15:16