We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What part of town is the Hilton Garden Inn on W 35th Street?

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
26 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
What part of town is the Hilton Garden Inn on W 35th Street?

Keep seeing that certain places are in SoHo or Greenwich Village or Midtown, etc. Not knowing anything about NYC, I'm wondering, just what part of NYC would our hotel be considered to be in? This will help me with figuring out where to eat and what areas of town we will be closest to.

Thanks, all!

~Becky

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What part of town is the Hilton Garden Inn on W 35th Street?

It tells you right on the website:

The Hilton Garden Inn New York/West 35th Street hotel in New York City is perfectly located in Midtown Manhattan and is just steps from some of New York's best attractions including the Empire State Building, world-famous Macy's at Herald Square, Times Square, Broadway theaters and Madison Square Garden. Providing the finest quality and services, the Hilton Garden Inn Midtown Manhattan hotel in New York is perfectly designed for business or leisure guests, and offers an abundance of complimentary amenities ensuring your stay in the Big Apple is affordable, fun and hassle-free.

http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=F5CMI3ODAQNS4CSGBIU2VCQ?moreDesc=true&ctyhocn=NYCTFGI

Do you have a guidebook and map yet? Looking at a map in conjunction with making your plans will be very helpful.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What part of town is the Hilton Garden Inn on W 35th Street?

The map on the Hilton website shows you some of the area names you refer to (until you zoom out too far)

…hilton.com/en/…

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
26 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What part of town is the Hilton Garden Inn on W 35th Street?

Thanks for clarifying. So we are staying in "Midtown Manhattan," I take it, which seems like a pretty centrally-located spot. :-) Good to know. I have a guidebook from our local library, but haven't purchased one. Do you have a recommendation? Thank you for your kind help!

~Becky

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What part of town is the Hilton Garden Inn on W 35th Street?

I always get the library ones also

New Haven...
Level Contributor
504 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What part of town is the Hilton Garden Inn on W 35th Street?

You're in Midtown West, to be specific. There really is not one "centrally located" spot in Manhattan - it depends on what you want to see. Thanks to the subway you are really "centrally located" to everything...

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
26 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What part of town is the Hilton Garden Inn on W 35th Street?

So...Midtown West/Hell's Kitchen would be what I'd look for if I'm searching out restaurants?

~Becky

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,757 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What part of town is the Hilton Garden Inn on W 35th Street?

A map is really essential for you to get a handle on this city.

You can eat any neighborhood you like; there is no need to only eat near your hotel. The more charming neighborhoods os the village, lower east side, TriBeCa, Chelsea, Gramercy Park, etc may have much more interesting choices and just be a few subway stops away from your hotel.

Midtown is mostly business oriented so lacking in the charm of elsewhere.

A map will help you figure out share everything is located. Subways will be busy very late into the night so no need to worry about that.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,168 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What part of town is the Hilton Garden Inn on W 35th Street?

"So...Midtown West/Hell's Kitchen would be what I'd look for if I'm searching out restaurants?"

No, look throughout the whole of Manhattan. Some great restaurants are in Soho, Tribeca, East Village, Lower East Side, Brooklyn. Just because your hotel is located somewhere is not a reason to stay in that area. There is great public transportation for little cost, and if you are unsure, just get a taxi!

M

Ohio
Level Contributor
8,968 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What part of town is the Hilton Garden Inn on W 35th Street?

Do you know about www.menupages.com? You can search for restaurants by neighborhood, cuisine, and type. All you really need is a metrocard so you can hop on the subway and get anywhere. You can load hopstop.com and the subway map onto your cell phone.

Or you can just start walking and pop into a restaurant when you get hungry :)

NY, NY
Level Contributor
339 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What part of town is the Hilton Garden Inn on W 35th Street?

One good point about your location is that you are within a block of most major subway lines so you can easily get to the neighborhoods you mention.

http://www.mta.info/nyct/maps/submap.htm

You should make your plans based on the accessibility this will offer.

A couple lesser known things of interest in the nearby area are the Koreatown strip on W. 32nd St. for Korean food and serious karaoke, and a little further the Curry Hill area around Lexington Ave. between E. 27th and E. 29th for Indian food. Also, the bar at Keens on W. 36 has a great old NY feel (and amazing scotch and bourbon selections)

http://www.keens.com/

I hope this is helpful.