We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking a hotel through 1800hotels

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
booking a hotel through 1800hotels

is this a save site to book a hotel in boston through

all the reviews are a few years old

Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
72 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: booking a hotel through 1800hotels

Check booking.com you don't pay until u get 2 d hotel. Others to try are travelrepublic.ie, gohop.ie and hotels.com. I find these 2 b the cheapest. Otherwise try the hotel direct through there own website or by phoning them.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,192 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: booking a hotel through 1800hotels

1800hotels.com went bankrupt last year. I'm not sure if they're operating again, but a lot of people lost money and reservations the last time around. I always book directly with the hotel for that reason.

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: booking a hotel through 1800hotels

It is accurate that the old www.1800Hotels.com did go bankrupt last year and that during that time some customers experienced disruptions in their travels and reservations. The assets of the old company were purchased by a respected and stable travel company, and the website that started operating again in 2011 under this completely new ownership. The advantage of booking through a site like www.1800Hotels.com is that you can often get deals that are better than booking with the hotel directly. It’s worth checking the site for good deals, as well as searching the web for www.1800Hotels.com coupons, which individual hotels often don’t have.

4. Re: booking a hotel through 1800hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 August 2011, 14:35
Edited: 01 August 2011, 14:35
Dublin
Level Contributor
85 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: booking a hotel through 1800hotels

Spot on Mark.

I can speak from personal experience when both my girlfriend and I where in Koh Samui last July when this company went out of business and we lost the money we paid for a very nice hotel.Thankfully we had travel insurance but at the time it was very upsetting. Thankfully the Thai management were very good to us.

no matter how 1800hotels reinvent themselfs and no matter how competive there prices are one of the most important aspects of any business is trust and you lost mine.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,508 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: booking a hotel through 1800hotels

Don't ever use this company. They left thousands of people high and dry when they went bankrupt.

7. Re: booking a hotel through 1800hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 23:16