We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do we need a visa???

5 posts
Save Topic
Do we need a visa???

Hey people.. have booked a trip to NYC at the end of march and just wondered if a visa is required now to enter the USA???

Flying in from the UK



Wrexham, UK
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do we need a visa???

No - we are part of the visa waiver programme so although we have to complete forms on the flight for immigration there are no requirements for a visa.....unless you are a terrorist or have a criminal record you'll be fine.

Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Do we need a visa???

They just stamp your passport and FINGER PRINT you which I dont like. The visa stamp lasts 90 days I think

Level Contributor
1,930 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do we need a visa???

Don't forget the digital photograph!

8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Do we need a visa???

No you should'nt need one!

i looked into it too! as i am flying

to NY in April and it said on

my booking confirmation with Virgin

Atlantic about Visas so i rang them up!

they said

"You wont need a visa if you are a

british citizan with a full uk passport"

Malibu, CA / N.Y.C
Level Contributor
465 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Do we need a visa???

Contrary to what everyone has mentioned above ... you may require a visa ... from oct 2004 everyone travelling without a machine readable passport required a visa to enter the u.s .... if your passport is pretty recent then you should be fine ... if you've had it for a while then you may need to renew it for machine readable before you go ... on the picture page it should have a row at the bottom with dashes & your p/port number & name included in a single line that immigration swipe through there system ... if you dont have this then your passport isn't machine readable & you'll need a new one or a visa from the u.s embassy ... if it's machine readable you just need to fill out a visa waiver form handed to you by the flight attendant before you land ....