We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental

Los Angeles...
3 posts
Save Topic
Car Rental

I'm arriving JFK and need a car to visit schools in CT and Long Island, and then I'm flying out of LGA (5-6 days in NY). The car rental rates fm either JFK or LGA are $70/day +/- for an Economy! Ouch! I'm a student and was hoping for something closer to $25-30/day. Any suggestions...maybe something near LGA, but not at the terminal??

Thanks, Ann

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental

Did you look at an Enterprise locations...somewhere in Queens or Manhattan?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
616 posts
913 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental

Or do Priceline for the rental. I have had success using it. You just can't back out- once you have paid, you have paid.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,604 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental

I gave you this advice in your other thread: take a MetroNorth train in the general direction you're going, and rent a car from the train station. It's easy to get back to LaGuardia from MetroNorth also: get off at Harlem-125th Street, and get the M60 bus right there to LGA airport.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
326 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental

promotion codes are awesome look on www.costcotravel.com Look for something were you dont put down your credit card because the day before you leave rental car rates drop down a lot sometimes by 75%.

5. Re: Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 19:18