We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner after Broadway Show

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
295 posts
345 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner after Broadway Show

The Palm, Del Frisco's, or something else? Looking for a good steak somewhere in the vicinity of the theatre district. Thanks!

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner after Broadway Show

Which theater/show?

Can't go wrong with Del Frisco's.

(Honestly, I've never been to the original Palm, mainly b/c my DW had awful food experience there years ago and was scarred for life.)

The Capital Grille chain makes nice food, has friendly ambience.

FWIW, I would avoid AJ Maxwell's if that's on your list. Not that great, considering there are better steaks elsewhere in similar price range.

Personally, I love BLT Steak, but it is a 15-20 minute walk, or short cab ride, from Theater District. But totally worth it!

www.e2hospitality.com/blt-steak-new-york/

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,451 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner after Broadway Show

Here are the steakhouses in midtown west

menupages.com/restaurants/…

Capital Grille gets very good reviews but I've not been.

menupages.com/restaurants/…

If you're seeing an evening performance, are you sure you want a steak dinner so late? If it's after a matinee, you could go any place in the city. ;)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,013 posts
407 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner after Broadway Show

They are both great. If you feel like taking a cab, Peter Luger's in Brooklyn is the best (they used to only take cash - I am not sure about now)

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
295 posts
345 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner after Broadway Show

We're going to a 3pm showing of jersey boys on a Sunday. So will end just in time for dinner. Thanks for the suggestions!

5. Re: Dinner after Broadway Show

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 12:17