We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

favourite way to spend a sunday afternoon in summer?

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
favourite way to spend a sunday afternoon in summer?

I will be visiting nyc for my friend's wedding in august. Our flight home is not until 7pm on the Sunday and so just wondering how people like to spend Sunday afternoons in the summer...

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,069 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: favourite way to spend a sunday afternoon in summer?

A picnic in the park.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
3,452 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: favourite way to spend a sunday afternoon in summer?

I've only ever spend one summer afternoon in NYC and that was last Sunday. But I loved what we did, so I thought I'd post. We went to Central Park (what a jewel!). I loved the landscaping. What a charming place. We wandered around to see filming sites from one of our favorite movies (Disney's Enchanted), went to the boat house and rented the little row boat for an hour, enjoyed the musicans, artists, skaters, and had a hot dog and a soda. We also headed to Central Park zoo (not a must see my any means), but had time to stop by this little place.

Just an idea for you.

(Oh and something we want to do that we didn't get to do was go to the little sailboat lake and rent one of those little remote control boats.)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9,896 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: favourite way to spend a sunday afternoon in summer?

See a Broadway play--always my favorite thing to do in NYC.

4. Re: favourite way to spend a sunday afternoon in summer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 14:18