Planning on a trip to NYC in 2 wks! Got 5 of us going - parents and our 3 boys, ages 11,15, and 19. Our very first trip to the Big Apple! We are so excited! Wanted to get input on our current itinerary.
Monday Aug 15:
Arrive 5:30pm Penn Station, Check in hotel.
2. Brooklyn Bridge
Tues Aug 16
1. Ground Zero Museum Workshop at 11am.
2. New York Stock Exchange – walk by before the BELL rings 4pm.
3. World Trade Center Site
Wed Aug 17
1. Battery Park
2. Statue of Liberty at 11:00 AM-arrive 1 hour before!!
3. Staten Island Ferry
4. Ellis Island Immigration Museum
5. Coney Island?
Thur Aug 18
1.Metropolitan Museum of Art – FREE
2. Central Park -maybe rent bikes?
3. Strawberry Fields
4. Roosevelt Island Aerial Tram
5. Babbo’s Restaurant at 5:30pm
6. Greenwich Village:
Fri August 19
1. Flatiron building
2. Top of the Rock: - if going in the morning – do we need reservations? Less lines than ESB - is this the case still for
3. FAO Schwarz
4. Grand Central Terminal
5. Empire State Building – just to stop by – won’t go up -was debating hard on this one but seems everyone say TOR was better and less lines.
6. Museum of Modern Art
7. Times Square.
Sat August 20
1. Little Italy
2. Union Square
Leave Sat 1pm Amtrak to Boston