We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions for travellers from UK to NY - tickets

Dorset
Level Contributor
161 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Questions for travellers from UK to NY - tickets

Hi all

A quick question to those of you travelling from the UK to NY (although if anyone else knows the answer...please do respond!)

I'll be purchasing theatre tickets and hopefully tickets to an event at Madison Square Gardens before travelling. Do the websites you use ship to the UK (and in good time - I'm not travelling until next year, but I know sometimes tickets don't get sent out until the week before!) , or is it better to collect on arrival. And is there an option to do this when purchasing online?!

Thanks!

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,268 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions for travellers from UK to NY - tickets

Either have the tickets electronically delivered (e-mailed to you and you print yourself) or select the "Will Call" option where you pick them up at the box office. Paying for shipping overseas is expensive, in addition to being risky. Obviously Will Call option is only available is you purchase through the official website. Availability of electronic delivery varies, but is usually only available through official sellers, and sometimes through official resellers like www.stubhub.com.

Near Manchester
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions for travellers from UK to NY - tickets

I think most places now will issue you your ticket via email. I have purchased a ticket for NY Red Bulls match and the ticket was sent to me in a pdf file. I've bought various tickets in the past like this - each contains a bar code which is scanned on entry. Just remember to print if off before you start your journey because you dont want to me looking around for a printer when you've got better things to be doing (I've done that before....)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,403 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions for travellers from UK to NY - tickets

It's usually much cheaper to either get them on email or go for the will call option which just means you pick them up at the box office of the venue. You will need the credit card you use to purchase the ticket with you when you get will call. They also ask for photo ID but don't always check for that.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions for travellers from UK to NY - tickets

Can uk senior citizens get reduced travel in New York ???

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,220 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions for travellers from UK to NY - tickets

See reply #11 on this post:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k4412630…

Dorset
Level Contributor
161 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions for travellers from UK to NY - tickets

Thanks all! Do Ticketmaster do the emailed ticket option does anyone know?

Dorset
Level Contributor
161 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Questions for travellers from UK to NY - tickets

Anyone ....?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Questions for travellers from UK to NY - tickets

ye they did for us for an event - cant say for certain whether they do on EVERY event. Probably best to contact them directly!

Dorset
Level Contributor
161 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Questions for travellers from UK to NY - tickets

Thanks, although just looked at StubHub and they're clear about which tickets have electronic delivery so they may be the best bet!

Thanks for your help

10. Re: Questions for travellers from UK to NY - tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 17:19