We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap accomodation for couple 15-20 Oct 2011

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
133 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap accomodation for couple 15-20 Oct 2011

I know I am asking the impossible but i am trying to find a budget hotel for a couple that is clean and in a handy position in midtown NYC, times square area. price from $200-300 usd. I dont think you can get anything cheaper except for YMCA. any ideas. Availability is hard

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,291 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap accomodation for couple 15-20 Oct 2011

My idea is not to restrict yourself to an expensive area that doesn't have good restaurants anyway. Expand your search to the rest of Manhattan and the areas of Brooklyn and Queens that are quickly and easily accessible by subway.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap accomodation for couple 15-20 Oct 2011

is that per night or for the whole period?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
133 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap accomodation for couple 15-20 Oct 2011

per night.

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap accomodation for couple 15-20 Oct 2011

Look at Marriott Courtyard TS. Also look at Fairfield Inn TS. They claim TS, however is next to Port Authority, Couple of miles from TS. Clean and very friendly. Cheap room huge by NYC standards and includes very good breakfast.

stillwater
Level Contributor
158 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap accomodation for couple 15-20 Oct 2011

Look at: NYMA - The New York Manhattan Hotel and the LaQuinta on W 32nd. Both are in Koreatown, in the shadow of the Empire State Building.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap accomodation for couple 15-20 Oct 2011

Eastgate Tower (an apartment-style hotel that's part of the local Affinia hotel family) is the best of what's available -- with private bath -- for your dates @ ~$250/night before taxes. Best prices on Priceline and booking.com: a studio or junior suite (junior suite has sitting room area; either one will have a kitchen) for $226-258/night, depending on which style suite you choose & whether you're willing to make full payment in advance for a nonrefundable reservation or not.

Decor is dated, but it's a clean, comfortable, and well managed property, several blocks from Grand Central Terminal.

7. Re: Cheap accomodation for couple 15-20 Oct 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 18:18