We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christie's: Elizabeth Taylor Exhibition

San Antonio, Texas
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Christie's: Elizabeth Taylor Exhibition

I would love to take my mom to see the Collection of Elizabeth Taylor Exhibition. Best I can tell, the viewings are free and first-come, first-served. Is there a way to reserve a time? Mom is 87 and standing for long periods of time is not an option. I expect there would be long lines for this one and would hate for us to go and not be able to get in.

Thanks in advance for your adivce.

New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,073 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christie's: Elizabeth Taylor Exhibition

Do you think she could grab a pastry & coffee or tea at Buchon Bakery in the Morning and stand by the door just a bit before they open (@9:15 am) to be the first of the crowds.

Also I would consider going somewhere in the middle dates (Mon.-Wed.). When it first opens and the last days right before the sale will probably be the most crowded.

No telling what the true turn out will be, but they do say on their web site that they are hoping for thousands a day.

Good luck!

California
Level Contributor
460 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christie's: Elizabeth Taylor Exhibition

Following is the web page with information about the auction/exhibition. I would suggest just emailing or calling Christie's for more information. They can tell you anything you need to know.

www.christies.com/events/…

3. Re: Christie's: Elizabeth Taylor Exhibition

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 00:18