We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jets/ Giants- Sunday afternoon/Monday night

auckland
Level Contributor
423 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Jets/ Giants- Sunday afternoon/Monday night

Hi there, I am hoping to get a couple of tickets to a sports event for our stay- Eastgate Tower Hotel-14-18 October.Both the Jets and Giants are playing that weekend. We are pretty much free both those days, with only commitments being that we have S.O.L booked for first thing Monday, and we are hoping , hoping, hoping we might get a New York Greeter sometime in our stay.D.H would love to see a game.I have almost no knowledge of the game or teams, he is a sports nutter, but has limited knowledge of your game!A couple of questions, please..

1. Any thoughts about advantages/ disadvantages of afternoon Sun versus evening Mon? Atmosphere/ ease of travel would be our main concerns.

2.Stubhub for tickets- can I use that from outside U.S.A?

3. We would be looking at "cheap seats"- any thoughts about where would be preferable? would upper sides be better views than upper ends?

4. Any other general thoughts/ advice/ comments?

It's D.H's birthday, and he's missing most of his precious Rugby World Cup for the trip, so this is my attempt to be kind!Thanks so much.

auckland
Level Contributor
423 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jets/ Giants- Sunday afternoon/Monday night

Sorry, one more question- is there any advantage to booking via direct official team sites as compared to via Stubhub?Thanks.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,418 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jets/ Giants- Sunday afternoon/Monday night

I'm not a New Yorker, so I can't comment on the ease of commuting to the games but I will throw this out ....

1) Football games are played in all kinds of weather and we can't tell NOW what the weather will be like in October. BUT ... usually (not always) days are warmer than nights.

2) Not sure about stubhub overseas ... but stubhub vs the team's own site --- if there are tickets available on the team's site are sold at face value (plus a processing charge.) Stub hub prices vary with supply and demand. Usually the tickets sell at higher than face value, but occassionallhy they are below face value. For a particularly desirable game, you could have a $50 ticket on sale for $500.

3) "cheap seats" are at the ends. The side seats are more desirable. Usually side seats far up are more expensive then end zone seats closer to the field. (I'm not saying first row end zone seats are cheaper than 'heaven' seats on the 50 yeard line -- but closer isn't always better, position on the field matters!)

Think of it this way ... the field is 100 yards long. If you sit at one end, the other end is 100 yards away ... if you sit in the middle (near the 50 yard line) the ends are both 50 yards away, you are closer no matter which end of the field the action is happening on.

4) Try to learn a LITTLE bit about the game before you come and HAVE FUN!!!

auckland
Level Contributor
423 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jets/ Giants- Sunday afternoon/Monday night

Thanks so much, that really helps- didn't realise that stubhub prices were likely to be more expensive.The information about seating is invaluable. we are also spending a couple of days in your city- really looking forward to it!

Edited: 02 September 2011, 00:14
West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,533 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jets/ Giants- Sunday afternoon/Monday night

The last time i was at a Jets game in New Jersey the stadium was all Steeler fans. That said i would look into tje ticket exchange since you can print your own tickets and dont have to spend $10 on a hotel shuttle to pick up your tickets.

Morris County, NJ
Level Contributor
698 posts
925 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jets/ Giants- Sunday afternoon/Monday night

You also may want to look at what side of the field that you are sitting on. It could get chilly for the day game sitting in the shade for 4 hours.

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Jets/ Giants- Sunday afternoon/Monday night

Who or what is D.H.?

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jets/ Giants- Sunday afternoon/Monday night

DH = dear (or darling) husband

auckland
Level Contributor
423 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jets/ Giants- Sunday afternoon/Monday night

Thanks for all the info.Just checking-what is tje ticket exchange?

Numbers56 and Poppa- dear husband would laugh at the thought of me calling him darling!(Especially when he's sitting back while I do all the research!)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jets/ Giants- Sunday afternoon/Monday night

I just purchased mine through the ticket exchange on the NFL website, but both their site and stubhub offer electronic delivery. Im in Brisbane and the game isnt until Dec 18th that Im going to, but I had my tickets emailed to me and simply printed them out. Not that the advertised prices on both sites will carry a service charge per ticket as well, which can vary in price. Once you select your price minimum and maximum on stubhub, you can then select electronic delivery and it will give you all the tickets available to be emailed to you and simply printed off. Im a big rugby fan as well, but Im sure DH will have the time of his life, I cant wait. One thing to consider might be who is playing on the sunday, and who is playing on the monday. You might have a better quality of game, or perhaps a game where both teams have a strong rivalry, think Auckland Blues v Canterbury Crusaders North Island v South Island etc, could add to the atmosphere.

auckland
Level Contributor
423 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jets/ Giants- Sunday afternoon/Monday night

Thanks,Foro351, good information for me.