We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is lastminutetravel.com reliable?

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is lastminutetravel.com reliable?

I came across this site yesterday and it offers good rates on "secret hotels". The description of each of them contains star rating, amenities, photos and description. It's similar to Hotwire but it includes photos. Do you experts know if it's reliable? Thks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
815 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is lastminutetravel.com reliable?

Hi there Nuka - lastminute.com is a reputable company started in the UK in the late 1990s and, I think, was one of the first such internet companies. I've used it for booking hotel accommodation in the US in the past and theatre tickets in the UK. Sometimes if you put some of the secret hotel description into a search engine you can find out which hotel it is quite easily.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,770 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is lastminutetravel.com reliable?

Be aware that many of these websites list illegal hotels. Make sure you double check here before you book anything.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
815 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is lastminutetravel.com reliable?

That's a very good point BrooklynBridge - I had a quick look on Lastminute for our travel dates just to see what they had by way of comparison and the first one up on the list was just such a 'hotel'. Unfortunately so many of these websites list these places.....

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Is lastminutetravel.com reliable?

The full name of the site is www.lastminutetravel.com. I've heard about the other one you mention. Thanks.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
815 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is lastminutetravel.com reliable?

Sorry - I missed that it is a different company. Just tried googling them and the website I get ends in .co.uk. The About Us tab gives more information about them, but I do not have any experience of this company.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is lastminutetravel.com reliable?

LastMinuteTrave.coml is part of the larger Tourico Holidays corporate family. so is also a corporate sibling of easyclicktravel.com. I've read too many complaints about Tourico and easyclick here and elsewhere on the 'net to feel comfortable using any operation that's related to them.

That said, I know there are some folks on the Boston and DC forums who tout the web site so presumably have had good experiences with it.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,766 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is lastminutetravel.com reliable?

The trick about LMT is to be sure your selection says "AVAILABLE". If it says "on request" they have up to 48 hours to tell you whether you got it or not and if you get it but have found something else in the meantime, you are 'stuck' ... subject to the cancellation policy. Most LMT hotels require at least one day of payment if you cancel.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Is lastminutetravel.com reliable?

Thank you all very much for your valuable advice.

9. Re: Is lastminutetravel.com reliable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 09:18