We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where is best to shop with teen boys and pre teen girl?

scotland
Level Contributor
206 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
where is best to shop with teen boys and pre teen girl?

Hi Can anyone advise me of good shopping areas for 13/14 year old boys and 11 year old girl. Boys like sport brands and all of them like A+F, Hollister etc. Possibly looking for UGG boots for daughter. We are staying near Times Square.

Thanks

LR
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where is best to shop with teen boys and pre teen girl?

Well, you can get A+F (be prepared to wait in a queue to get into the shop if you go at peak times) and Hollister on 5th Ave and a UGG store on Madison (at 59th St, I think).

However, if you go down to SoHo you will will get an Uggs store and a big Nike place on Mercer St, a Hollister and Converse store on Broadway, as well as other stores that will have anything they want (jeans, shoes, trainers etc). An Adidas store is on Wooster Street. There are also some other expensive boutique type shops as well (on Wooster, Mercer and Spring St, for example). Basically, Broadway in SoHo is very like Argyll and Sauchiehall Street - you'll find most of what you want.

Your daughter may actually like Forever 21. They are dotted all over, but there is one on 5th Ave, Broadway at Soho and a huge one slap bang in the middle of Times Sq. It sells pretty cheap clothing for youngsters who are more concerned bout style rather than 'made to last' quality. Also in Times Sq there is a Aeropostale store that always seems to be filled with kids your age. Footlocker and Champs for sports stuff are found everywhere and also have stores in Times Sq.

I don't think you will have trouble finding what you want.

Edited: 12 September 2011, 19:37
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,224 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where is best to shop with teen boys and pre teen girl?

take the N/R subway to Astor - walk down Broadway. You're starting a little further north than what LR is suggesting, because there are a lot of stores on Broadway above Houston due to NYU and "the village" that every teenager from NJ and suburbs of NY visits to shop.

There will be one store after another that appeals to teenagers (pre-teen girl=teenage boy when it comes to shopping)

Make your way down to Soho as LR suggested.

Forever 21 is also a great idea. There is one on 14th, so if you take a subway to Union Square, you can hit that, then make your way down Broadway.

suitcaseready.com

scotland
Level Contributor
206 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where is best to shop with teen boys and pre teen girl?

This all sounds great. I will note this all down and take with me.

4. Re: where is best to shop with teen boys and pre teen girl?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 12:16