We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TRYP Times Square South

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
70 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
TRYP Times Square South

Hello.Has anyone stayed at the hotel TRYP Times Square South?

I can't find any reviews about this one.I understand it's new.

I am thinking of booking for next year.Any oppinions?

Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TRYP Times Square South

This is Wyndham's first TRYP hotel in the United States; I believe it is not yet open for business -- they were soliciting job applications as of a couple of weeks ago.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,371 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TRYP Times Square South

Looks lovely, those family rooms are a great addition to NYC. The rates for next summer are very nice.

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
70 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TRYP Times Square South

Thank you.How far is from a subway station?

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,371 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TRYP Times Square South

If you go to the hotel website you can see it is a short walk to Penn station at 34th street. Though I do not know that area well, there are many places in the immediate vicinity that have been recommended to travellers here. It is right around the corner from the New Yorker hotel.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: TRYP Times Square South

I've booked this hotel for the week between Christmas and New Years (hopefully it will be open by then - I've heard the opening has already been delayed a few times). This is my first time to NYC and I'm concerned this hotel is located in a business district and we won't be close to any restaurants, shops, subway stations, etc. Is anyone familiar with this area? The hotel is located at 345 W 35th Street.

Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
70 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TRYP Times Square South

I've booked also this hotel but for next year in april.I'm preety sure they will open by then :)....so I will wait your review when you will return from your trip.I hope everythink will work fine for you.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,268 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: TRYP Times Square South

Business districts generally have better subway access, not worse, than residential areas. How else would people get to work?

Since you'll be close to the subway, you'll be able to get to restaurants and shopping.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TRYP Times Square South

The hotel is on 35th betwwn 8th and 9th avenues,

there is a subway entrance for the A, C, or E trains at 35th and 8th. (front of the uptown trains, back of the downtown trains.

Edited: 20 September 2011, 23:29
Hamilton, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TRYP Times Square South

We have also booked for April next year - eagerly awaiting some reviews. Have never been to New York so hopefully hotel will be up and running by the time we get there. Looking forward to exploring all that N.Y has to offer!

Clemmons, North...
Level Contributor
11 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TRYP Times Square South

We have also booked for april of 2012 and will love to have some reviews posted.

Edited: 29 November 2011, 15:39