We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Change from Millenium Broadway - suggestions pls.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Change from Millenium Broadway - suggestions pls.

Daughter and I are planning a 4 day new york visit 26 december. Always have stayed at the Millenium Broadway, dreadful room assigned which was always changed to a better corner one. The location is great and I am looking at booking a hotel/flight and would ideally like to be in that area int hat we are out shopping sightseeing in the day and always like to take a show in every night and would like to be in times square.

Do not want sofitel or crown plaza prices, something nice, is the Iroquois or Hilton garden inn times square location good for us? Local breakfast places? Thank you - it has been about 5 years since we last visited.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,029 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Change from Millenium Broadway - suggestions pls.

The Iroquois is a small boutique hotel that feels (to me) more like a club than a hotel. It's a small building and a lot of the rooms are dark but people like it there. It's on the same block as the Sofitel and a bunch of other hotels. I think the location is perfect for your trip as it's actually closer to Fifth ave. shops but an easy walk to the theaters. Have a look on

oyster.com

for photos. The Hilton Garden Inn TS is very popular. It's northwest of the center of Times Square which a lot of people like so you're not right in the busiest area. Rooms are large and 2 bedded rooms are usually queens. I think you have to tell us what you DO want in a hotel besides location. I also think it may be a mistake to book air/hotel together as that might limit your hotel options and may not be the cheapest way to do this.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Change from Millenium Broadway - suggestions pls.

I would like very comfortable beds, no stress noise, shopping mainly on 5th avenue and will take in a show every night. Have a few favourites we like eating at in Times Square so I think we might be best staying in that area. Still looking at lots of hotels, and the flight with hotel is much cheaper for this period so will have to stick with that (I normally book flights separately, then book hotel but lot cheaper for post xmas period). ps when do the sales start? Thank you!

Milford, Connecticut
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Change from Millenium Broadway - suggestions pls.

I am curious to know what restaurants you find to be good in Times Square. We have always found restaurants in that area to be tourist traps with poor quality food.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Change from Millenium Broadway - suggestions pls.

Carmines - and virgil's bbq - can you recommend some restaurants you have tried (not in times sq) pls.

5. Re: Change from Millenium Broadway - suggestions pls.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 00:18