We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JFK to Marriott downtown

waterloo,ON
Level Contributor
282 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
JFK to Marriott downtown

Just wanting to get the best public transportation directions to get to my hotel from JFK using Airtran and subway. Also is there an app for blackberry that helps with subway directions?

waterloo,ON
Level Contributor
282 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JFK to Marriott downtown

oops, my hotel address is 85 West St. at Albany

waterloo,ON
Level Contributor
282 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JFK to Marriott downtown

Anyone?, I need your advice, thanks!

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: JFK to Marriott downtown

I would try to figure it out based on the many threads on the subject and the Top Question thread. Then post back what you find and ask if it is correct.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JFK to Marriott downtown

just look at www.mta.info and www.hopstop.com

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JFK to Marriott downtown

Take the AirTrain to Howard Beach, and the A to Fulton Street in Manhattan. Exit near the front of the train you got off, and go upstairs to Fulton Street and Broadway. Walk south on Broadway to Cedar Street and turn right to Greenwich Street. Turn left to Albany Street, and right again to West Street.

Edited: 05 October 2011, 20:15
waterloo,ON
Level Contributor
282 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JFK to Marriott downtown

thanks very much

waterloo,ON
Level Contributor
282 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JFK to Marriott downtown

This is where I was confused, many people said to take Airtrain to Jamaica not Howard Beach. Glad I asked

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,260 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: JFK to Marriott downtown

You could also take the AirTrain to Jamaica and take a different subway to get to your hotel, though I think GWB's route is slightly faster. The other people weren't wrong. There is almost always more than one way to get anywhere on the subway.

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: JFK to Marriott downtown

There are multiple ways to do this. The JFK AirTrain to Jamaica would hook up with the E train and would take you to World Trade Center - this is ever so slightly (a few steps) closer to your hotel.

The JFK AirTrain to Howard Beach and the A train to Fulton Street is faster. Exit toward the front of the train for Fulton Street and Broadway and you'll be close enough to your hotel that unless we're having heavy rain or snow, the difference is next to nothing.

You'll pay the $5.00 JFK AirTrain exit fee at Howard Beach. IF you want to start using an unlimited ride MetroCard, you'll need to buy just a $5.00 AirTrain exit card and follow the signs to exit to Howard Beach and then buy your unlimited ride MetroCard for the subway. It is pretty easy but those two different exits can trip you up a bit if you don't pay attention. As long as you know to look for it, it is well-marked.

10. Re: JFK to Marriott downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 12:18