We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Im booked.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
4,153 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Im booked.

Well we have booked up to go for 8 nights in new york staying at the blakely in a deluxe suite with 3 days in boston at the westin waterfront. We have booked a whale watching cruise too. We will take train to boston and fly back. Excited is what we are yippee. Ive been googling where we are for the train stations and whats around us etc, its getting clearer and thats good.By the way we are going in august as the priced were better than funny enough so just the heat to cope with.

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,166 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Im booked.

wonderful thing to look forward to...^_^

Stamford...
Level Contributor
802 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Im booked.

Fantastic! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Im booked.

Glad you finally made up your mind!

Hotel choices sound spot on - esp suite-

woowoo!! Lots to look forward too!

NYC / Fire Island...
Level Contributor
7,496 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Im booked.

Hola.

Well, if it gets too hot for you (in August) we recommend that you consider using 1 of those 8 days in NYC to come to the beach and have some fun splashing in the ocean….a day trip to Fire Island is well worth the experience.

In any case, we hope you have a grand adventure!

Hope this helps. Your questions are always welcome.

Abrazos,

Matt

Casa Hoffa (South), Bahia Chahue, Huatulco, MX

Casa Hoffa (North), Fire Island, NY USA

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
4,153 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Im booked.

Thanks cant wait seems a big adventure for us I think since we have only ever been to one other american place.Im meeting up with my friend from long island and she and her hubby will be coming round with us alot and we also intend to go over to long islands beach too. Ive also found 2 gorgeous parks to wander round in boston , they look gorgeous, so looking forward to seeing the big apple and feeling like a ant lol.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,440 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Im booked.

don`t miss Central Park in nyc .... :)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,215 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Im booked.

Not to throw a wrench in your plans, which are probably well thought out, but are you going to a convention in Boston?

I was just there, and the Westin is convenient to the convention center, but 3 trains from most attractions. It was very easy for me to navigate the transit system, but I had to take 2 trains for 1 stop and a 3rd train for longer (opposite in your case) with transfers in between, each time I went from downtown to the convention center... you may get away with 2 trains and 1 connection to some spots, or you can take cabs (which are very pricey compared with NY, and the drivers have a reputation for taking you on extended rides).

Having the view is nice, and there are some good restaurants there to take advantage of the convention/business crowd, but you may want to be more centrally located. There is nothing to see over there that a tourist would visit, other than the water. Then again, my hotel in downtown Boston did have a small lobby, and I know those convention center hotels are more spacious.

suitcaseready.com

UK
Level Contributor
347 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Im booked.

Hi , glad you have now booked ,you will have a fantastic time.I have also booked the Blakely but in May. We booked through booking.com but did not have the option of a suite,can you tell me who you booked with please. We havent booked our flights as yet as they are very expensive at the moment and no sign of them being less than £550.00 each from Manchester, how are you finding the flight prices for August?

S

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,296 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Im booked.

Whoop whoop!!!!!!!!!!!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
4,153 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Im booked.

suzy williams we have booked with trailfinders.the flights are delta.they were 2300 for the 4 of us in august.by the way thats cheaper that a flight to florida at that time, also cheaper than in april too.I really dont think you will get it much less, we looked at ba when they ahd a sale on and it was very little less.