We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 Day Itinerary - Pls comment

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
543 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
8 Day Itinerary - Pls comment

Day 1 - Arrive at 3 PM

Staying at Jack and Judys - Upper Westside.

Walk around Colombus, Amsterdam, Broadway

Day 2 & Day 3

Midtown - Fifth Avenue, Times Sq, Rock Centre, Public Library, Grand Central, Macys

Walk a loop from 5th avenue to 59th St and back through Broadway

Walk entire width of 42nd st

Day 4

Lower Manhattan with tour of Federal Res Bank

Greenwich Village, Wash Sq

Day 5

Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island + Brooklyn+ Bridge walk

Day 6

Colombia Univ, Central park bike / boat

Day 7

Morn -UN Tour, Aft - Queens

Morn - Intrepid.

Aft - to JFK

We plan 2 museum visits - Nat History and Met on any 2 evenings.

Hornchurch, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 Day Itinerary - Pls comment

We walked over the Brooklyn Bridge, had a glass of prosecco at The Bar in The River Cafe and then got the East River Ferry ($4) back to 34th street. one of my most memorable parts of my 3rd trip to NY last weekend.

The views of the city of Manhattan were gorgeous, and it was about 5.30pm so the sun was beginning to set. Wonderful!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 Day Itinerary - Pls comment

It looks like you want to cover a lot of areas during your 8 days in new york and I know how it is since I like to do the same thing when i travel. The public library offers free tours, at specific hours, and the the museums, such as, Guggenheim museum and Moma offers free entrace on certain days of the week. You will have to check their individual websites, and they are free usually towards the evening or after 4 or 5 pm giving you 2 hours.

Since you are walking a lot, you are missing a walk in canal street china town, a lot to see and food to try. And if you are going to queens, it is such a big area, you have to be more specific. New York has a lot of ethnic areas, so if you interested in a particular kind of food it would be easier to recommend places.

Level Contributor
9,177 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 Day Itinerary - Pls comment

Natural History is not open in the evening. The Met is open late on Friday and Saturday and is closed on Monday.

When are you coming? I would walk in Central Park rather than bike or boat.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
543 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 8 Day Itinerary - Pls comment

We're visiting from Nov 4-12th.

Since the weather is expected to be pleasant, we thought of doing long walks - the best way to see any city !!!

In Queens - main interest is to have a look in at the Tennis Stadium !!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 8 Day Itinerary - Pls comment

This appears to be an itinerary that is based solely in Manhattan - with the exception of a brief walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. Did you know that there is a borough far larger and more varied than Manhattan just on the other side of the Bridge - BROOKLYN.

If you stay near the Bridge, you have the two great neighborhoods of DUMBO and Brooklyn Heights. DUMBO is industrial chic, with lots of great galleries [about a dozen at 111 Front Street] and Jacques Torres Chocolates and the new Brooklyn Bridge Park. The Heights is one of NYC's most beautiful areas and the famous Promenade after dark is amazing.

Looking for nightlife. Williamsburg has become the place to go for dining, drinking and music. Lots of street life after Sun goes down. Or, head to beautiful Park Slope to see what a real NYC neighborhood feels like, and then you can walk up the hill to Grand Army Plaza, Prospect Park, the Botanical Gardens and the Brooklyn Museum.

AND - that is just Brooklyn.

Now don't get me wrong, there are lots of great things to do and see on that rock across the East River. But, for a true NY experience you also have to venture out to the boros.

One more thing, I am a bike rider in NYC, and one of the best rides you can have to to get to the Hudson River Bike Trail, which runs from the bottom of Manhattan [where there is a Bike and Roll outlet] all they way up to the George Washington Bridge and Little Red Light House - all along a separate and beautiful bike trail.

6. Re: 8 Day Itinerary - Pls comment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 22:17