We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

go airlink - fraud!

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
48 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
go airlink - fraud!

hello ,

I've booked a oneway trip with go airlink shuttle company on Oct 1st , and after rethinking the whole deal have decided to cancel it and just take a taxi (go airlink wanted to pick me up 6 and a half hours before my flight because "it's a share van and it takes 2-2.5 hours to get to the airport")

So I called them and cancel 2 hours after I booked it , all was good and they even gave me a cancellation number.

After I returned back home (Israel) I saw that they charged me.

I assumed that this is automatically and I will get my credit back.

after 2 weeks I contacted them by mail and they said that they will refund me , nothing happened.

I even called them and the guy told me that they will refund me but still nothing.

Right now I am hopeless.

I wanted to know if there is some kind of organization where tourist can file a complain about a tourism company?

Other than this , I love(!!!) NYC and hope to be back soon.

Thank you very much guys

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,928 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: go airlink - fraud!

Your credit card company is the one to call. You have a cancellation number, so follow up with the CC company.

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
48 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: go airlink - fraud!

my credit card company (visa) say they cant cancel their charge and that I must talk to them by myself.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: go airlink - fraud!

Why not if you are disputing it?

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
48 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: go airlink - fraud!

I'm not sure ...

they told me that they can't stop the money transfer legally...

I've opened a dispute once again with my CC company.

but still , in Israel there are customer protection organization where anyone can file a complaint about any company and they help you with it.

isn't there one in USA too? there must be

New York, NY
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: go airlink - fraud!

Did you use a CREDIT card or a DEBIT card. Rules are diferent based on the type of card. Also, check to see if it is an actual charge or just a hold. If it is just a HOLD then it will expire about 14 t0 20 days after it was made. If it is a debit card and there is a HOLD or an AUTHorization transaction, or a pending transaction, it will not allow you to use the funds until it is released or it expires.

Finally, the NYC dept of consumer affairs would be the place to complain if they actually made the charge.

BTW: If it is just a hold then that's why it has not been released. When you asked them for a refund they (probibally) tried to match up the charge to credit, and since there would not be a charge then it would not work. If it is a HOLD ask them to release it. While they don't have to (legally) they really should do it. But it requires them to contact your bank, so you will have to give them than info, including a fax number.

Edited: 27 October 2011, 15:19
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: go airlink - fraud!

You can file a complaint against a business with the Better Business Bureau:

http://newyork.bbb.org/

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,579 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: go airlink - fraud!

Rotem, what Al is basically asking/saying is that if the money came right from your account or your overdraft than you basically used a debit card!

note to others: Most of the cards in Israel ARE what we would call Debit cards. Note, I said most, not all!

Rotem--have you tried filling out Goairlinks online form--

www.goairlinkshuttle.com/page.php?id=26

Inasmuch as they are authorized by the Port Authority of NY/ NJ, you may want to try complaining to them.

http://www.panynj.gov/feedback/

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
48 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: go airlink - fraud!

they actually made the charge and it's a credit card ,

but somehow after putting some pressure on their facebook page and maybe even because of this post I got a mail from them where they promised to credit me and say I should be able to see it in 3-5 days.

anyway , I'm sorry but I still don't recommend them.

on the way to the hotel the driver stopped several times to pick up more people and finally we were one fully packed van , somehow it took about 2.5 hours to arrive to our hotel (upper west side) form LGA (!!) and also since my parents flew to NYC today , they've already booked a ride with this same company , when I returned I told them to cancel but it was too late so they've just landed and last time we spoke they were waiting in the airport for more than 30 minutes for the driver.

I'm just writing it so random readers seeking for review will still see this.

anyway , thank you guys for all the quick help

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,804 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: go airlink - fraud!

We regularly tell people NOT to use ANY shared van service in NYC that takes or picks people up from individual hotels. It just doesn't work here. They don't pay the drivers enough so they're usually clueless and it takes forever. Sorry you've had this problem but it sounds like it will get sorted and at least you didn't have to use their service.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,351 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: go airlink - fraud!

No one recommends them. I'm sorry you didn't come here first, or we would have told you that it's a bad idea. I know that in Israel everyone uses sherutim from the airport, but we have actual public transportation in this city that means it's usually only tourists who use the shared vans, and they're unfortunately easy to rip off.