We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LGA - Delta Terminal - Handicap Elevator to M60 Bus

Summersville, West...
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
LGA - Delta Terminal - Handicap Elevator to M60 Bus

Looks like I am going to have menicus surgery and am wondering if there is an elevator which will allow me to get from the Delta Terminal with only carry-ons to the M60 bus stop? Also, is the bus wheelchair accessible? It is a very small chair. We will be traveling approximately 2 -2 1/2 wks after surgery.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LGA - Delta Terminal - Handicap Elevator to M60 Bus

Hey Charlene51:-) Yes to both..you can ask for assistance at the airport and the buses are indeed wheelchair friendly! Best..and Enjoy!

Edited: 28 October 2011, 23:19
Summersville, West...
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LGA - Delta Terminal - Handicap Elevator to M60 Bus

Oh, thank-you, thank-you! Is there a lift? This is such a relief to me.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LGA - Delta Terminal - Handicap Elevator to M60 Bus

My pleasure:-) There are lifts (elevators;-) Keep enjoyin'!

New York City
Level Contributor
17,257 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LGA - Delta Terminal - Handicap Elevator to M60 Bus

The problem is, though, that taking the M60 bus suggests to me that you want to take the subway in Manhattan. While some subway stations have elevators, most do not -- where are you going once you take the M60?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,591 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LGA - Delta Terminal - Handicap Elevator to M60 Bus

On another thread of yours I suggested you contact the accessibilty program at

bigapplegreeter.org

LGA is really not that far from Manhattan and honestly, that bus trip to the subway is NOT a good option for you imo.

Mentioned in this post
LaGuardia Airport
LaGuardia Airport
East Elmhurst, NY
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,591 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LGA - Delta Terminal - Handicap Elevator to M60 Bus

To clarify, buses are fine here. They're all kneeling buses and wheelchair accessible. It's the subway that's the problem and taking the bus the whole way will make for an endless trip. The taxi fare is only ~$35 and well worth it for you I think.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
59,276 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LGA - Delta Terminal - Handicap Elevator to M60 Bus

Also worth clarifying if you mean the "Delta Terminal " as in Terminal D, or if you're using the Delta Shuttle you would be using the Marine Terminal used by Delta for their shuttle flights.

If it's the Marine Terminal you'd have another bus ride to the main terminal to catch the bus. I would presume in this day and age the shuttle bus would be accessible for you. But it's an extra stop in the process.

I agree the taxi sounds like a much better option.

8. Re: LGA - Delta Terminal - Handicap Elevator to M60 Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 19:16