We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tv show tapings

qld australia
Level Contributor
355 posts
Save Topic
tv show tapings

hi,

I have been trying since february(via email and onine webform submissions) to get some tv show taping tickets for anything in NYC whilst we're there between the 20 th and 28th november for 2 adults and 2 kids aged 12 and 15 and to date have not received any replies from any show, as there only a limited few shows available for our kids ages, i would have hoped to have at least got one response. Not sure what else to do, I have just sent another request yet again to good morning america and today show but am at their mercy I guess. If anyone else has any other suggestions or advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tv show tapings

I really have no idea if this helps or not but last winter my friend was in NYC with her mom & they just got in line at The View & were able to get in w/o a problem. Not sure if that's normal or not. Enjoy your trip!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tv show tapings

If you call NBC Tickets at 212-664-3056, they can give you information on tickets for Jimmy Fallon and Dr. Oz. When you call, the recording will list the dates they have available.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tv show tapings

family travel, you don't need tickets for the Today show. There is no "studio" audience. You just go to the plaza and go in the barricades. I've read that security can be more complicated on days they have a musical performance but, on normal days, you just go stand in the crowd.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: tv show tapings

Maybe a lot of shows take off that week like the Daily Show does.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: tv show tapings

You can go to the Today Show and Good Morning America without tickets, I'm suprised you didn't know that, you just go and stand there.

As far as other shows go, I've found getting tickets for the Daily Show and/or the Colbert Report is very straight forward as they both have pages on their sites that list any dates with tickets available, just keep checking back periodically to see if anything opens up.

I've also found that going to SNL is pretty much a sure thing if you get there super early Saturday morning so you can get a good place in line for when they hand out stand-by tickets for that evenings rehersal or live show. If you're in the first dozen or so people your chances of getting in come show time is very very good. Check their website for more details.

qld australia
Level Contributor
355 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: tv show tapings

hi,

sorry i should have been more specific, i meant the backstage/studio tours for the today/good morning america shows

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
4,156 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tv show tapings

I got to see Letterman last year but no one under 21 for that one.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
806 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tv show tapings

I believe you have to be 16 and older to attend a Jimmy fallon taping. Her kids are definitely too young.

Gilbert, Arizona
Level Contributor
634 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: tv show tapings

12 and 15 are too young for Fallon. I was super bummed when I was too young to see Conan back in the day.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
111 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: tv show tapings

We were walking through TImes Square today, and a guy asked us if we wanted tickets to Letterman for the afternoon. We said we'd heard they were so hard to get. He said in "slow" times of the year, they often have to rustle up extra audience members for that day's show. Too bad we'd already bought Broadway matinee tickets already....