We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls Weekend

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
18 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Girls Weekend

Looking for a hotel for a girls weekend (when I say girls, I mean 40 somethings with kids...getting away for the weekend). We will be there the first weekend in December. Any suggestions?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
335 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls Weekend

It would be helpfull if you could provide your budget

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,778 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls Weekend

What is your budget? The first week of Dec is a very popular time in NYC. Hotel prices are higher and availability lower.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls Weekend

We have done a girls weekend every year in NYC. This will be our 9th year. We have stayed at the Marriott East Side (decent size rooms, nice little bar, our favorite), Marriott Marquis (nice, spacious, VERY crowded, in the middle of TS), Courtyard Marriott on 5th (tiny rooms), Hilton on 6th I think (nice rooms, expensive bar but at least it has one). Our first year we stayed at the Howard Johnson on 8th. It was AWFUL!!! It isn't even there anymore. We like the Marriott East Side the best. The Marquis will be a zoo on a weekend in December, but it is a nice place. These 2 places probably have the biggest rooms. Bathrooms are always small, which is incovenient for 4 women but we got over that about 8 1/2 years ago!

Have fun! 9 years and I still look forward to it!

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls Weekend

& # of people and beds needed

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
18 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls Weekend

I'm going to use American Express miles to pay for the room & we have a bunch, so price is a factor, but not a big one. Looking for a little bit upscale

I am looking into the Marriott TS because I have been there before. I have also stayed at the Roosevelt, but I would like to try some place new. There will be 3-4 ladies. We are going to do all the touristy stuff including shopping & sight-seeing. I would also love some recommendations on restaurants...any can't miss places.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Girls Weekend

Since that is the case, why not narrow it down, read the reviews and then check back

7. Re: Girls Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2012, 05:15