We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"The new york pass"

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
"The new york pass"

we are travelling to New York next march(2012) to save time and plan our trip before we get there.i purchased 2 passes and 2 hop on/off bus passes. as i had not received them i emailed "new york pass" only to be told that they had been dis-patched and if i did not receive them i would be sent a voucher by email so i could collect the passes when we get there!! i emailed back explaining the reason for purchasing them early and got a reply basically saying the u.s postal system is not reliable!!!!! it impossible to get through to them by telephone,

has anyone else experienced this situation? i have paid $400 and have no passes and not sure if i am going to get any.

please can you help.

jane

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,417 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "The new york pass"

I'm not sure I understand why you need the passes in hand to plan your trip. Do you not have a list of the places it includes? We actually don't generally recommend the passes. I wonder if you could get your money back.

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "The new york pass"

generally, what you have done is a bad investment. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news and it is much to complicated to explain beyond telling you to read the FAQ here and other postings on the subject--- now that you have made the mistake just make the best of it.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "The new york pass"

Jane,

You could dispute the charge with your credit card. Tell them you did not get what you expected. That way you should get a refund or at very least some correspondence from the co you bought it from. What website did you use? Do you still have the email?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "The new york pass"

I agree with the poster who recommended calling your credit card company and canceling the charges. These passes aren't worth $400. You could use your money more wisely by selecting the places you really want to see and checking for good ticket prices on-line or when you are in town.

Edited: 08 November 2011, 02:27
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "The new york pass"

Eli Manning rolls left out of the pocket. He's under pressure. Looks left and spots Victor Cruz down the sideline. He throws a perfect spiral to the far corner of the end zone. Cruz stretches out and hauls it in. Touchdown.

Now that's a New York pass that we can get behind.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "The new york pass"

thank you (except #5 you are not funny) for responding to my post. i bought the passes early as it would be one less expense when we get to new york and also to plan our trip and see as much of new york as we could.. it will be our first time to the city.

i have obviously not done myself any favours buying early. i did email the company and asked if the the passes i had not received could be cancelled and new ones issued, the reply was they would send me a voucher via email to be taken to planet hollywood times square!!!

this is the company i bought the passes from does anyone what sort of a reputation it has?

The New York Pass® is part of Leisure Pass North America, LLC.

Leisure Pass North America

36 West 44th Street, Suite 1407

New York, NY 10036

1 (877) 714-1999

time to contact my credit card i think!!!

thanks again for the good advice

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "The new york pass"

If you understood you were getting the tickets posted two, I would call the cc CO and dispute it telling them that you did not get what you paid for. You have not used any part of it so certainly no skin off their nose if they still haven't even sent you the email.

If you get a refund then I would plan out what you want to do and lay aside the cash or pre-pay online. remember some things don't need to be pre-booked and somethings that you can pre-book are sometimes better not pre-booked. Take for example the Empire State Building or Top of the Rock if it is foggy, raining. I pre-booked the 9/11 memorial last month and it was the most awful weather so we ended up not taking as much reflection time as we wanted.

Good luck.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "The new york pass"

Mel

I still think you are funny!! :-)

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,154 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "The new york pass"

The problem with the New York Pass is that with it, you get to treat NYC like a theme park, and you actually don't get to see NYC. When I'm on my computer later, I'll give you a link to one of the "passes" that you custom make to what you want to visit. This is by far the best way, as you still get discounts over full price, but you're not limited to a tight timescale to see what you want to see and therefore should still have time to see New York City itself.

Finally, BrooklynMel IS funny.. :)

M

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: "The new york pass"

Mel,

I thought it was funny.