We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

padlocks

uk
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
padlocks

Hi the padlocks on Brooklyn bridge when did that trend start and are they for loved 1s lost or are they meant to be where your heart is locked to the city?.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
834 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: padlocks

i saw them this year thousands of them for loved 1s i think, i 1st saw some when i went 2006 not that many like

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: padlocks

The tradition supposedly came about during the 1960s when Italian soldiers started putting their wardrobe padlocks to Florence’s Ponte Vecchio bridge. Now people all around the world do it to public bridges/monuments. A lot of people engrave initials, ect. Kind of weird.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
834 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: padlocks

i dont think its weird ejolly, i think its a nice tradition cos when you go back you can look for it ok might take a while lol :-))))

I did it myself this year in Benidorm spain for my mum who loved the place but sadly is no longer with us

4. Re: padlocks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2012, 06:16