We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

helicopter tour

Manchester
Level Contributor
112 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
helicopter tour

Hi can any of u suggest a good,resonably costed helicopter tour of Manhattan taking in liberty for a family of 4 kids ages(7,12)

Many thanks Slacky

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: helicopter tour

I don't think there are any reasonably priced helicopter tours. While it is a great experience seeing NYC from the air, the experience does come at a high price. A few years ago my husband and I paid about $350 for both of us.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
383 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: helicopter tour

Hi - I don't know if this is your first trip or not - but we went for the first time in October. Initially we thought we would do a helicopter trip - 2 adults and 2 teenagers.

However after experiencing Top of the Rock (by day) and Empire State (by night) we decided to spend our money on something else. Both were incredible and we could linger over the views.

I'm not sure but I don't think the helicopters actually fly over the buildings any more - I think they go over the river.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,747 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: helicopter tour

They go over the river and 3 people have died from a recent crash. Listen to Groov if you want to spend time in high places.

thestarryeye.typepad.com/explorenyc

4. Re: helicopter tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2012, 10:22