We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mary Poppins seating

md
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Topic
Mary Poppins seating

My mom, 5 year old daughter and I are going to see mary poppins. Looking at tickets for the show. Our options are orchestra center-rows e,g,h,k,l and ones further back or mezzanine rigt side 1st row or center 2nd row.

What in your opinion are the best seats?

Thanks

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
137 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,113 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
996 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,386 reviews
from US$36.00*
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mary Poppins seating

if price is not a hindrance i would take orchestra center row e

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mary Poppins seating

Def. mezzanine, 2nd row center. That's where we sat and it was PERFECT!

You'll get to see the whole tableau for dance numbers and the scenery, and you get a great view of Mary Poppins as she flies by at the end!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
38,348 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mary Poppins seating

I would go to the Mezzanine. When you sit in the orchestra--especially near the front you can't get the full view of all of the choreography.

san francisco
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mary Poppins seating

Mezz center will afford you a splendid view. We have seen the show many times, it is truly lovely. Enjoy!

md
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mary Poppins seating

is there a railing in the first row of the mezz. that would be onstructing to a five year old height?

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
27,077 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mary Poppins seating

No, there is no railing, just a low wall with lights and wires that don't bother you. I sat first row mezz and that is what I would choose again. In your case, even though the first row is off to the side (how far off - all the way over or just a few seats off center?), I would prefer that over risking some tall adults in front of the 5 year old.

md
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Mary Poppins seating

the right side from row is the last 3 seats towards the center section if that makes sense

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mary Poppins seating

They have booster cushions for kids, if needed. (I know b/c the kids in front of us used them.)

9. Re: Mary Poppins seating

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2012, 10:26