We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrival time for Broadway show

Alabama
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Arrival time for Broadway show

Someone told me I should arrive at least 1 hour before the show starts. Is this true? I already have my tickets too.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrival time for Broadway show

Hey megan1983:-) I usually show up around half an hour before for Broadway shows..maybe a little earlier for a large venue like Radio City:-) EnjoY!

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrival time for Broadway show

I'm with Litsa, half an hour is fine.

NY NY
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arrival time for Broadway show

They don't open the doors until 30 minutes before curtain time. What time you arrive depends on your own preference -- I usually like time to leaf through the program. It also depends on whether you'll want to use the bathrooms. I waited on a long line for 25 minutes yesterday, and just made it to my seat as the curtain went up!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,783 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arrival time for Broadway show

If you do not need to use the restrooms even 15 minutes is okay. If you DO need to use the restroom ask where they are BEFORE you sit down. The other day our seats were in the Mezzanine and the restrooms were on the lower level--so it is good we went before climbing up one large flight of stairs to turn around and go back down 2 ( and then up 2).

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Arrival time for Broadway show

We are regular Broadway show patrons - we usually arrive 15 minutes prior to shows unless we know the lines will be longer than normal.

What we do not do - is ever arrive late and have to be seated at the discretion of the usher(s).

We take care of all our personal needs prior to arrival at the theater.

This has worked for us for 40 years.

Poppa

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,903 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arrival time for Broadway show

If you want a cocktail or soft drink during the intermission, arrive early enough to order and pay before the show starts.

We like to arrive 25 minutes early so we don't have to wait outside but still have plenty of time to place our drink order, use the restrooms, and peruse the Playbill.

new york
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arrival time for Broadway show

15-20 min.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,143 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arrival time for Broadway show

I'd like to add this bit of info regarding arrival times --- Always pay attention to the info on the ticket regarding the start of the play. I mention this because Tuesday evening shows tend to start at 7 p.m.

When we picked up our tickets to a Tuesday night performance for Wicked, we were chatting with the ticket agent. He pointed out the start time to us and told us that he has seen people show up on Tuesdays thinking that the play started at 8 p.m., only to discover that the play was well under way.

9. Re: Arrival time for Broadway show

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2012, 10:22